Places to buy used cars and/or aftermarket warranty for used car

SHOdown220

Established Member
After my last 2 days I had to bump this thread. I filed a claim for maxcare (carmax warranty) yesterday. Customer contract purchase price - $1,463. My approved claim total on yesterdays repair order -$3,177. Then today filed a claim for a different customer, they purchased their contract for $1,870, approved total claim today for $3,420.

Just goes to show sometimes you will never use your warranty or use very little. Other times it saves your wallet in a big way.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
After my last 2 days I had to bump this thread. I filed a claim for maxcare (carmax warranty) yesterday. Customer contract purchase price - $1,463. My approved claim total on yesterdays repair order -$3,177. Then today filed a claim for a different customer, they purchased their contract for $1,870, approved total claim today for $3,420.

Just goes to show sometimes you will never use your warranty or use very little. Other times it saves your wallet in a big way.
We had one today as well.

Paid $3,118....was covered for $11,387 today.

Sent from my Potato

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You got me beat lol. We don’t typically have repair bills that large, that sounds like a diesel repair.

Yeah, diesel.

Last month we had just over $150k in diesel warranty work.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I get them for piece of mind as you never truly know how the last owner owned the car. Carfax can tell you some of the story along with Oasis(as applicable) but to me it's worth 2-3k for 3-4 years of coverage.

My wifes explorer it paid off big time and the Raptor now is about even for what I paid/what warranty has covered.
Gone through some tierods/steering pump/front axles and a few other things like the sunroof/back slider.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Jeesh revisiting this as I just bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Dealer quoted extended warranty was much more than the Zurich plan I bought on my wife’s Volvo. Are there any non-shit warranties that the general public can purchase or do you have to go through the dealer?

Users who are viewing this thread