Place Your Demon vs GT500 Bets Here!!!! Who Needs Torque?

blk02edge

Established Member
Lets be clear about the history here. Without the development of the roots supercharged factory Ford motors and the success of the Thunderbird SC, the Terminator Cobra, 1st Generation Ford GT, and the 2007 - 2014 GT500 by Ford there wouldn't be a supercharged Z06, ZR1, ZL1, Hellcat, Redeye, or Demon. Thank Ford for paving the way.

The 2020 GT500 may have been bench-marked against the Hellcat. So be it. Perhaps there will be a GT500R that will be bench-marked against the Demon or Redeye. There is a GT350 and GT350R, so a GT500R is possible.

I, for one, am glad to see the horsepower wars back in full swing. I like the beasts being produced by Dodge and GM. I just want to give credit where credit is due.
In no way was the gt500 made to fight the hellcat... And the carbon track pack essentially is the "R". Ford is not and probably never will be a straight line focused manufacturer ever again aside from their cobra jet program. They are on the world stage, the hellcat, fell through that stage with its heft.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I did not say the GT500 was bench-marked against the Hellcat. I was just responding to an earlier post stating they felt it was. To me it doesn't matter since I am quite pleased with the specs as Ford has presented them for the GT500. It is my own wishful thinking about GT500R but it is a wish I hope they fulfill. Perhaps they will instead do a Boss 429 or some other famous package to do a straight line oriented demon killer. Either way, I am fine with what is already on the table from Ford.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
In no way was the gt500 made to fight the hellcat... And the carbon track pack essentially is the "R". Ford is not and probably never will be a straight line focused manufacturer ever again aside from their cobra jet program. They are on the world stage, the hellcat, fell through that stage with its heft.

You are right about that... Ford is now catering to the Europeans... Dodge is grass roots and stayed catering to bald eagles, freedom and shit...

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
You are right about that... Ford is now catering to the Europeans... Dodge is grass roots and stayed catering to bald eagles, freedom and shit...

I am not always happy about decisions Ford makes, but I will always respect that they did not develop any of their products using tax payer funded welfare like Dodge and GM. I think that is the grass roots American way of doing things.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think you missed the video where that ZL1 barely loses to a 1000hp LIGHTER C7 Corvette. Or how that same ZL1 DESTROYED the beemer with similar power and close to 800lbs lighter.

I would not use that ZL1, as a gauge for what a 720rwhp car will do against a Demon.

I see a GT500 putting down 650-660 to the wheels, with the DCT being the star performer.

I also see the 500 (bone stock) doing very low 10s in HERO conditions/driver. Same conditions that would get a properly driven (bone stock) well into the 9s.

GT500 will NOT outperform a Demon at the 1/4 stock for stock or mod for mod.

The 500 is the better overall performing package / driver’s car, but the Demon is the best and BADDEST street legal strip / street MUSCLE car that money can buy, no question about it. Not even debatable.

I honestly don’t know of any of those races, car sounds like it has a secret 100 shot or something, that’s hella fishy. I don’t like it.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
840 Horses / 770 lb ft Torque
vs
760 Horses / 625 lb ft Torque

hmmmmmmmmm

Venom KILLS Demons? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Please someone explain to me how this race is going to be close? I love the excuse the clowns are making about "too much torque spins the tires!" HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

And Ford is calling this the most powerful V8? HAHAHAHHA. Um, Red Eye and Demon both top it. Guys I love you all, but just admit, this car will not kill a Demon. Nor is it raising the bar anywhere. Heck, if Chevy puts the current ZR1 engine in the Camaro, it will slay this thing. HAHAHHAHHAA.

But seriously, I think On D Bit is going to spin the low torque number 15 different ways. Can't wait to see his excuses.

If I’m racing I’ll take 625tq and 8k rpm vs 770tq and 6500.

I’ve walked cars that should murder my little pony, like full bolt on 900whp hellcats, a 960whp Camaro ss. My little pony only make 815whp and a laughable 700wtq on my pump gas tune.

Walked those cars running to 8k rpm.

Do you know what is funny? A banged up beat up 1800lb Honda with 400wtq and 670whp will walk my shit like it’s standing still.

Torque is a motivation to move, not a rate at which that work will be performed. Hp is a calculation of the rate torque produces work.

2500tq at 1500rpm in a combo that shifts at 2500rpm with an 8spd dct is not winning a straight line race against 1000hp at 8000rpm in a manual 6spd geared well.

Torque pulls loads of weight, it doesn’t win all races.

The heavier a vehicle is, the greater the torque needed to resist it decelerating. If you want to move that weighty vehicle quickly, you need to have hp. To have hp, you need rpm.

Revving an engine to 8 9 or 10k rpm isn’t ricey it’s racy.

Top fuel drag cars make maybe 6000wtq and over 10,000whp revving to 10,000+ rpm.

That would be like a 1000whp 600wtq setup Revving to 10,000rpm.

Hp and torque are equal at 5252 because torque carried to rpm is hp and hp produced at rpm represents resistance to deceleration or torque.

If you don’t understand how engines work then go buy a demon and wear slippers and talk shit on a website called svtperformance

Last edited:

LostM

Established Member
If I’m racing I’ll take 625tq and 8k rpm vs 770tq and 6500.

I’ve walked cars that should murder my little pony, like full bolt on 900whp hellcats, a 960whp Camaro ss. My little pony only make 815whp and a laughable 700wtq on my pump gas tune.

Walked those cars running to 8k rpm.

Do you know what is funny? A banged up beat up 1800lb Honda with 400wtq and 670whp will walk my shit like it’s standing still.

Torque is a motivation to move, not a rate at which that work will be performed. Hp is a calculation of the rate torque produces work.

2500tq at 1500rpm in a combo that shifts at 2500rpm with an 8spd dct is not winning a straight line race against 1000hp at 8000rpm in a manual 6spd geared well.

Torque pulls loads of weight, it doesn’t win all races.

The heavier a vehicle is, the greater the torque needed to resist it decelerating. If you want to move that weighty vehicle quickly, you need to have hp. To have hp, you need rpm.

Revving an engine to 8 9 or 10k rpm isn’t ricey it’s racy.

Top fuel drag cars make maybe 6000wtq and over 10,000whp revving to 10,000+ rpm.

That would be like a 1000whp 600wtq setup Revving to 10,000rpm.

Hp and torque are equal at 5252 because torque carried to rpm is hp and hp produced at rpm represents resistance to deceleration or torque.

If you don’t understand how engines work then go buy a demon and wear slippers and talk shit on a website called svtperformance

Cant use logic here, rpms dont win races.. massive tq at 4k does....

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I haven't read this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned transmission gearing yet? Engine torque is only half the story when bringing trans gearing and final drive into play.

I think Tob has posted the new DCT gear ratios (or projected at least) in here at some point, and frankly I can't be bothered to look it up, but I'd be interested to see what the torque "disparity" looks like when gearing in the first 2-3 gears is considered.

I & I, Jamaica. One love bro, we got dis

Demon shifts 4 times, gt500 shifts 3 times. Demon takes 3/10th to shift, shelly says she’s only going to need less than 1/10th. Right there is <3/10th of shift time for young shelly and a whopping 1.1 seconds of shift time for big boy billy demon face. That is .8 to .9 seconds where young gun Shelly will put some use of that 760hp.

Question, you see that part where I threw up them graphs showing how power n stuff goin be prolly higher above that there 7500rpm redline? Well if we are so privileged as to be able to shift at 8300rpm, then this here Shelly goin be one mean bitch.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Would someone just race this guy to shut him up. Thanks

Can’t really race if you can’t reach the pedals.

7b3bdb5cb88b1f3d3ed1189c7ea06c54.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread