Place your bets boys. Guess the Dyno #s

#1 TUNER

Established Member
Putting my 03 cobra on the Dyno jet Monday.
Air should be mid 70's and high humidity
Georgia air lol
Mods are:
Ported Eaton home port but I used state of the art cnc.
Accufab sbtb
Ported c&l elbow
Jlt high boost Cai
Sct ba2600 maf
2.76 upper
2# lower
13-14 Shelby 52# injectors
Bassani mid length headers no cats borla attacks.
Kincaid "killer chiller"
Kenne bell boost-a-pump
Metco idlers blahh
Built i.r.s rear g-force outlaw axles 3.73's Ford racing cover, full tilt boogey bushings and all that jazz. Spec clutch 26 spline. 315 r888

#1 TUNER

Established Member
I have a 4# lower I could throw on too. Still debating. The killer chiller should help iat2 temp. Seems like the 2.76 upper and 4# lower kinda hits the limit on the Eaton right?

#1 TUNER

Established Member
That's a lot of mods to only get 500. Sounds like a prime candidate for an additional E85 tune. Should be 560 minimum....with much more TQ on
Yeah I thought about that. It is available kinda close to me. Think my injectors would be to small? There 52's or 56's stock injectors from 13-14 gt500.

cobracide

Established Member
Max Eaton Build
: D

Prepped it out (fuel system too) for a 2.3L blower but never felt the need to pull the trigger on a new blower. It's my daily driver anyways so reliability and keeping things reasonable was a key factor. If it was a 2nd car (ie toy) - It would probably have a whipple in it.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Yeah I thought about that. It is available kinda close to me. Think my injectors would be to small? There 52's or 56's stock injectors from 13-14 gt500.

It will be close. Obviously watch the data on the pull and abort if necessary but it might have enough headroom.

#1 TUNER

Established Member
It will be close. Obviously watch the data on the pull and abort if necessary but it might have enough headr

Max Eaton Build
: D

Prepped it out (fuel system too) for a 2.3L blower but never felt the need to pull the trigger on a new blower. It's my daily driver anyways so reliability and keeping things reasonable was a key factor. If it was a 2nd car (ie toy) - It would probably have a whipple in it.
I do have a brand new set of comp stage 3 cams sitting on the shelf as well. Just been to lazy to install. Not my daily, and I still can't pull the trigger on a bigger blower yet lol. Ill get there one day. Hard to decide what blower I'd go with anyway.

cobracide

Established Member
I do have a brand new set of comp stage 3 cams sitting on the shelf as well. Just been to lazy to install. Not my daily, and I still can't pull the trigger on a bigger blower yet lol. Ill get there one day. Hard to decide what blower I'd go with anyway.
Maybe things have changed, but back in the day when I was doing my mods - cams weren't really worth it. Since you have them, why not 25-50hp?

700-750hp is about max for the stock block. 2.9L Whipple (carb legal) or TVS?

#1 TUNER

Established Member
Maybe things have changed, but back in the day when I was doing my mods - cams weren't really worth it. Since you have them, why not 25-50hp?

700-750hp is about max for the stock block. 2.9L Whipple (carb legal) or TVS?
Yeah if the cams responded like the ls motors do I'd already have them in. I got everything to do em, just alot of work for small gain. I got them in on trade so don't have a whole lot of money in them but still don't have the motivation just yet to tackle it. My lifts have been tied up anyway. As for a blower I was thinking 2.9 Whipple or gen3r maybe idk. Gotta do more research on the VMP gen 3

Users who are viewing this thread