Piston Slap?

svt2003

Established Member
Reading some earlier posts, I learned that some of you have experienced piston slap and had to replace the motor. The sound coming from my motor sounds like what you have described as a "diesel "sound. I thought originally it was an exhaust leak, but now I don't. I'm taking it in tomorrow to have it looked at. 10,600 miles on it, hoping for the best.

If I do have the piston slap and have to replace the motor, have any of been able to keep or buy back the old motor? I would love to put it in the '69 Mach 1:nonono: :idea:

TruBlu03

I think I have the slap too. Definately have the tick which seems to have gotten worse. Going on vacation next week and will reluctantly take it to the dealer. I've also heard of a few getting engine or head replacements. Not so sure I would want them to swap out my engine although I guess it's better than tearing mine apart to fix a problem multiple times. When I spoke to SVT they said any replacement or swapping is up to the field engineer. Hmm, wonder what kind of expensive booze my area engineer likes?? ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread