Pistol questions CZ-75b

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Anybody own a CZ75? Been doing some internet search and am thinking about ordering one sight unseen. I can't find a bad review, just wanting to see if any of you svtp people have any negative or positive comments.

CZ 75 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Purpose of gun- Grade school friend invited me over to do some shooting at his house. He has multiple steel targets set up in a course where you have to use a pistol and a carbine. I got hooked, but found it ridiculous to pay for .44 ammo since i was shooting it up so fast. 9 mm is inexpensive, and plentiful. I will also use this as a home defense weapon.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Go to a range that rents pistols and try one out.
I would put at least 200 through it. You may or may not like the ergonomics of it.
Wouldn't buy a pistol without at least handling one first.

Swervedriver

Established Member
Great pistol for the price. I haven't shot a lot of different ones, but of the 2 that I have handled I've never seen them choke or FTE and I'm able to knock down plates at 15 yards as good as my P239.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
The Ergos of the CZ75 are incredible. Just an awesome shooter. Sold mine and instantly regreted it. I am now looking for another.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Go to a range that rents pistols and try one out.
I would put at least 200 through it. You may or may not like the ergonomics of it.
Wouldn't buy a pistol without at least handling one first.

^This^ There is so many different pistols that will surprise you.
I rate my favorite 9mm's that I have shot in order
1. Sig 239, I feel like I could hit a quarter at 50yds, I can't but damn is it smooth and accurate. I own this one.
2. Sig 226
3.Beretta PX4
4. Ruger SR9
5. Walther P99
I never shot a 9mm H&K so I can't comment nor have I shot a CZ.
Two that I dislike Glock's, Springfields XD's

Swervedriver

Established Member
I own a P239 9mm, A P220 .45, & a P226 9mm SCT.

P239 is like a baby P220. I'm surprised you say you like to shoot it better than the P226. The P226 muzzle flips less just due to the increased weight & length making rapid plate shots faster & more consistent (for me anyway). I had the same results emptying mags at a torso plate at 15 yards with the P226, then drawing the P239 as a backup pistol when the P226 went empty. I want to say it's more accurate due to the longer barrel, but I've never really slow shot targets at 25 yards between them both for a head to head comparison. At 15 yards, slow shooting I'd say they're about equal.

Sorry for the off topic journey. I'm a bit of a Sig fanatic.

E.Marquez

Established Member
Anybody own a CZ75? Been doing some internet search and am thinking about ordering one sight unseen. I can't find a bad review, just wanting to see if any of you svtp people have any negative or positive comments.

CZ 75 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Purpose of gun- Grade school friend invited me over to do some shooting at his house. He has multiple steel targets set up in a course where you have to use a pistol and a carbine. I got hooked, but found it ridiculous to pay for .44 ammo since i was shooting it up so fast. 9 mm is inexpensive, and plentiful. I will also use this as a home defense weapon.

Great gun, own three.. a Pre B Franconia custom, B, and a P-O1

Great shooting out of the box.. Very reliable, I have more than 10,000 RDS out of the Pre-B custom, and close to that from the B.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I own an IMI Mag. Research full size .40 S&W Baby Eagle same pistol as a CZ-75 except built in Israel. Has yet to fail me after about 5500 rounds through it. Funny how the Czechs designed and built such a good pistol and yet never adopted it for their own use.

txyaloo

Established Member
Great pistol for the price. I haven't shot a lot of different ones, but of the 2 that I have handled I've never seen them choke or FTE and I'm able to knock down plates at 15 yards as good as my P239.

I've seen them choke in cold weather (~30*). They failed to fire and SA mode just wouldn't work.

That said, I think they're a decent gun for the money as long as you don't plan on firing it in the arctic. :lol:

E.Marquez

Established Member
I've seen them choke in cold weather (~30*). They failed to fire and SA mode just wouldn't work.

That said, I think they're a decent gun for the money as long as you don't plan on firing it in the arctic. :lol:

Sounds like a lube or cleaning issue. Both of my CZ75's fired just fine in artic winter months, 5 years in Alaska, 2.5 of those in Fairbanks, no issues, and issues, we shot year round.... Snow machines and remote shooting ranges go hand in hand in Alaska winters.

Last edited:

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
I own an IMI Mag. Research full size .40 S&W Baby Eagle same pistol as a CZ-75 except built in Israel. Has yet to fail me after about 5500 rounds through it. Funny how the Czechs designed and built such a good pistol and yet never adopted it for their own use.
from the research i have done, i believe that this was national police pistol. I do believe that they have now switched over to the CZ-P01.

As far as the comment with the CZ52, I will be buying one of those next. That 7.62x25 is one mean ass round. I've had my eye on a couple locally, but havent "pulled the trigger" on one yet. You can find them on gun broker for 200ish, and locally they want 275-300. Pretty damn high considering what they sold for 3 years ago.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I own a P239 9mm, A P220 .45, & a P226 9mm SCT.

P239 is like a baby P220. I'm surprised you say you like to shoot it better than the P226. The P226 muzzle flips less just due to the increased weight & length making rapid plate shots faster & more consistent (for me anyway). I had the same results emptying mags at a torso plate at 15 yards with the P226, then drawing the P239 as a backup pistol when the P226 went empty. I want to say it's more accurate due to the longer barrel, but I've never really slow shot targets at 25 yards between them both for a head to head comparison. At 15 yards, slow shooting I'd say they're about equal.

Sorry for the off topic journey. I'm a bit of a Sig fanatic.

It is just personal preference for me. The 239 has the SRT, I also choose a 229 Elite in .40s&w over the 226 for a carry piece. Maybe it is my fat ham hands.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I've shot the 75 Shadow T while although not in the same price range was a very accurate gun.
I shot it better than my HK P30-L even though I only put a couple of magazines through it.

My problem is that I have very small hands which makes changing mags too slow with the CZ for IPSC competition.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Didn't really know much about this gun until this thread, and that I've seen it on COD. I'm intrigued and interesting in it though. Here's a cool website that sells just about any gun you can imagine and has a lot of CZ models there, but they look to be sold out.

This website has just about every gun you can imagine though!

CZ-USA - Handguns - SGCUSA

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Didn't really know much about this gun until this thread, and that I've seen it on COD. I'm intrigued and interesting in it though. Here's a cool website that sells just about any gun you can imagine and has a lot of CZ models there, but they look to be sold out.

This website has just about every gun you can imagine though!

CZ-USA - Handguns - SGCUSA
Here is the least expensive place i've found it at. As usual, its out of stock. Not sure what the deal is with it being out of stock at so many shops. Must sell good.
CZ USA CZ 75B 9mm Luger, Black Polycoat, 16 Round - 91102

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I have a CZ-75B and it's a great gun. It's one of the most accurate handguns I've ever fired. I've put about 4000 rounds through it so far and not a single malfunction.

It's solidly built, easy to take apart for cleaning, trigger feels great and it's egronomic.
If you get one, consider replacing the grip with a rubber wrap-around one from Houge. It makes the feel and handling of the gun even better.

Hogue, Inc. | www.getgrip.com | The finest gun grips, rifle stocks and accessories

Riptide

Established Member
Been happy with my CZ75B. Friend has one as well and likes it. He had one FTE but it was an ammunition problem not anything to do with the gun.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Glad to hear all the positive remarks on the gun. As far as the cold weather, It doesn't get 30 below here in indiana. Maybe -15 on the coldest day.

I also had no idea this was a call of duty gun. Was it effective in the game?

Users who are viewing this thread