Pimp Juice for traction?

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Anyone know what the mixture is or where to buy Pimpjuice? Anyone have experience with it? Thanks in advance

01bluesnake

Established Member
since Flip died, its been non existent, but suppose to be getting made soon. Sites been down for a while and nobody seems to know much on when it will come back. Dr pepper is your next best thing and cheap.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Pretty sure I saw on the stupid fake ass show that one ingredient was MEK.... Just bought a rc truck. Il get some slicks for it and start experimenting... Hang on I can't legally order track bite in Cali lol. No seriously I saw them use MEK.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Pretty sure I saw on the stupid fake ass show that one ingredient was MEK.... Just bought a rc truck. Il get some slicks for it and start experimenting... Hang on I can't legally order track bite in Cali lol. No seriously I saw them use MEK.

I think I read somewhere a 50/50 mek and vht mix. Not sure though

You can't order track bite in Cali??

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I think I read somewhere a 50/50 mek and vht mix. Not sure though

You can't order track bite in Cali??

thats what iv heard. they dont want us street racing... where im at in the summer you wouldnt need any help with traction since its so damn hot the rubber starts to ****ing melt and you can dead hook on 20yr old tire :nonono:

then again the side of the box my o/r x pipe came in had "not for sale or use in california" wrote on the side.

Drufuss

Established Member
You'll hook like a madman in the street, but that stuff is PUNISHMENT on your tires. The mek breaks down the rubber quickly, and your tires melt away, but if street racing is your game....

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I raced a "no prep" back of the track race where they used that stuff. I spent two weeks getting that crap off my paint and it never really came off. If your gonna use it grab some blue painters tape and tape off the rear of the car. You'll thank me later!

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
You'll hook like a madman in the street, but that stuff is PUNISHMENT on your tires. The mek breaks down the rubber quickly, and your tires melt away, but if street racing is your game....

You know something else to cut the vht with that won't kill the rubber? Or that effect is what makes it hook really good?

I raced a "no prep" back of the track race where they used that stuff. I spent two weeks getting that crap off my paint and it never really came off. If your gonna use it grab some blue painters tape and tape off the rear of the car. You'll thank me later!

Thanks lol

01bluesnake

Established Member
You know something else to cut the vht with that won't kill the rubber? Or that effect is what makes it hook really good?

That's the point of vht, pump juice, track bite, and so on. When you melt the rubber and lay a patch, it gives you the ability to hook on your layed down rubber. Just use vht by itslef if you are worried about tire life, anything more aggressive is designed to melt the rubber even more but will allow you to hook better.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Your mixture will all depend on the wether. Warmer weather the less mek you add to vht. Here in Florida we use a 25% mek and 75% vht. The colder the weather the more mek you add. You will need to test multiple mixture to find out what is good. Mix some in a small cup and pour it on the ground. Light it on fire, wait till the fire goes out and step on it. When you get the right mixture it will string like spider webs.

All mek does is speed up the drying time of the vht. Same things the track does except they use a expensive accelerator.

Drufuss

Established Member
That's the point of vht, pump juice, track bite, and so on. When you melt the rubber and lay a patch, it gives you the ability to hook on your layed down rubber. Just use vht by itslef if you are worried about tire life, anything more aggressive is designed to melt the rubber even more but will allow you to hook better.[/

Yeah, it's got very little to do with making a surface actually sticky. Making a road sticky will not likely make it hook well (maybe really fresh asphalt, but concrete is better to launch from).
If you don't wanna use something so harsh do like what bluesnake is suggesting, and use VHT, do at least 1 burnout, leave long STRAIGHT marks, and line up in those same marks. probably end up being almost as hard on your tires though.

An insurance move would be to have your buddies spit as many times as they can in the other guys lane before y'all line up.:burnout:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
That's the point of vht, pump juice, track bite, and so on. When you melt the rubber and lay a patch, it gives you the ability to hook on your layed down rubber. Just use vht by itslef if you are worried about tire life, anything more aggressive is designed to melt the rubber even more but will allow you to hook better.

Gotcha thanks didn't know that

Your mixture will all depend on the wether. Warmer weather the less mek you add to vht. Here in Florida we use a 25% mek and 75% vht. The colder the weather the more mek you add. You will need to test multiple mixture to find out what is good. Mix some in a small cup and pour it on the ground. Light it on fire, wait till the fire goes out and step on it. When you get the right mixture it will string like spider webs.

All mek does is speed up the drying time of the vht. Same things the track does except they use a expensive accelerator.

I was gonna try a 50/50 mix for 40s temp

That's the point of vht, pump juice, track bite, and so on. When you melt the rubber and lay a patch, it gives you the ability to hook on your layed down rubber. Just use vht by itslef if you are worried about tire life, anything more aggressive is designed to melt the rubber even more but will allow you to hook better.[/

Yeah, it's got very little to do with making a surface actually sticky. Making a road sticky will not likely make it hook well (maybe really fresh asphalt, but concrete is better to launch from).
If you don't wanna use something so harsh do like what bluesnake is suggesting, and use VHT, do at least 1 burnout, leave long STRAIGHT marks, and line up in those same marks. probably end up being almost as hard on your tires though.

An insurance move would be to have your buddies spit as many times as they can in the other guys lane before y'all line up.:burnout:

The car usually only sees weekend duty. The mt pros will only be on when I have it set on kill. Lol @ the spitting comment

03Steve

Established Member
When I worked at a powder coatings manufacturer, we used MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) to clean residue out of the hoppers where the batches of product were mixed. If you care about a painted surface, keep MEK away from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

turbostang

Turbocharged
Established Member
Look into what the Kart dirt racers use. There are tons of different kinds of tire preps out there "mostly just different names" but MEK is the main ingredient. But be careful because you do not wanna get that stuff on your skin or inhale it because it will jack you up!

I know because I race go karts on the dirt and I have tried some of my tire prep on the street car. Shit works!

Search google for Goat Pee, Krug Green, Track Tac, and FTS tire prep. It all cost the same and I do know goat pee and krug green will kill a tire quick. Track Tac and FTS have good stuff that supposedly wont kill the tire as quick.

Users who are viewing this thread