Pictures of my 99 Cobra autocrossing

SVECobraR

Established Member
I went autocrossing like 4 months ago but the guy that took the pictures just got them posted a couple of weeks ago. I thought i'd share some of the pictures as i had a lot of fun and got quite a few compliments on the cars behavior and setup.

Autocross15.jpg

Autocross17.jpg

Autocross29.jpg

Autocross53.jpg

Autocross6.jpg

Autocross44.jpg

Autocross45.jpg

Autocross34.jpg

Autocross12.jpg

Here's a link to the rest of the pictures. Pictures by svecobrar - Photobucket

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Can you post some info. regarding your car setup?

Pics look great, can't beat a nice looking set of Cobra R wheels.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice Cobra, and that looked to be a fun time. We used to have a good interest in local autocrossing back in the '80s and '90s but then it kind of disappeared. Maybe due to liability insurance issues. Not really sure what happened. I do miss it.

SVECobraR

Established Member
Engine wise it is a Mach 1 engine with a NA SVT Ported short runner intake, a 3/8" intake spacer, bassani headers, catless x and fr500 catback and a custom tune.

Suspension wise i have MMR k-member and a-arms, MM coil overs, sway bar end links, sub frames, oil filter relocation, ball joints, tie rods, c/c plates and more.

It's funny that i can't even remember everything right now but i know the only suspension parts that i haven't changed yet are the IRS bushings (although i do have 4.10s and diff cover brace) and that's because the FTBR bushings are waiting to be installed in my garage. I just want to convert to a Torsen T2 31 spline setup while i drop the IRS and i haven't bought it yet, that and my back really can't take to many more days on the ground.

Oh yah, the car has 33k original miles but i'm on the my 4th engine and 3rd trans. When i do drive, it's driven hard.

Last edited:

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Very sick Cobra.
Damn you must drive that thing hard to be on your 4th engine.
Did you suprise all the bmw guys?

Users who are viewing this thread