Pics of the 3.4 Whipple install and thoughts!

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
Well, the Whipple 3.4 is on!! Definitely a nice unit although I would change several things on it. First, the directions suck! As far as everything else, I talked to AVT, and when he gets the beast to dyno it he will make the changes. The IAC is going on top. I don't like the fact that it is on the bottom. Also, the EGR location and IAC location are going to be shaved cleaned along with some custom hose routing to clean it up further. With that being done, changing spark plugs should be a snap and I shouldn't have to remove the charger. The intercooler coolant hoses will be rerouted and I will reuse the coolant hardlines. I will make a custom gasket for the charger to midplate. Once that is done, I will be fully satisfied. Btw, with a stock lower and 4 inch upper is pulleys out right at 15 psi and it pulls!!

Here are some pics:
Intercooler--pretty clean!!
DSC00754.JPG

Nicked midplate--must have happened during shipping or at the distributor. Boy was I mad!!
DSC00756.JPG

Fixed the midplate and added a dab of RTV to be safe.
DSC007601.JPG

Whipple and Kenne Bell side by side. I will say one thing about the KB, the rotors looked brand new. Not one nick or scratch on them. GKCrewchief certainly has himself a nice unit for his built motor!
DSC00755.JPG

Whipple on the truck:
DSC00774.JPG

Coolant lines--argh those are ugly!
DSC00780.JPG

Spark plug nightmare!!!
DSC00778.JPG

I will post up pictures of the changes and the results to the dyno soon. Enjoy!!

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Very nice, congrats. Its good to hear Whipple is consistant... the install directions for the 2.3L are a nightmare too :dw:. I almost don't even want to go built anymore since it seems mandatory to run the 3.4L nowadays and that would be additional funds.

Last edited:

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Seems like that is the main downside to the 3.4. Those instructions.. I will be doing my install soon and am definately NOT looking forward to it. Maybe someone who knows what they are doing can give tips and good how to here on svtp?? it would really help everyone out.

btw, I didnt realize how much bigger it was from the 2.6!

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
^^^^ LOL

Looks Good Ronnie, I'm sure once you get it tuned. You are going to have some killer times at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread