Pics of a new SHO I saw at a local dealership (56k go make a sandwich)

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
They should have made a better decision on the wheels. Would have made a huge difference.

FastPhil7

Established Member
SHO Wheels

They should have made a better decision on the wheels. Would have made a huge difference.

If you select the performance option, you get the much better looking 20" wheels with performance tires, and a shorter gear, can also get the wheels as a stand alone option but you dont get the perf tires.

With respect to the G8, I thought the same thing, went down to buy one and saw the GXP, and wow, they look good and run pretty well, but on the inside they are not high quality in my opinion, no really nice options are even available (no memory seats or garage door openers etc), and the shifter felt more loose and cheap to me. So I waited (for what seems like forever) on the SHO, I preferred the AWD, liked the SYNC equipment, with the cooled seats, it is to arrive this week, will see if I mad the right decision....

Phil

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
LOL; did you even bother to look to see what you get for 42k?????

I think what he's saying is that is a lot of money for a Taurus, and Ford is in uncharted waters with this car at this price. Not to say it's not a fabulous car, it's just the brand recognition (aka credentials) that the Taurus name has built over the years doesn't really go with that of a $40k++ car.

Seahorse

Established Member
I'm really diggin' the new SHO...definitely don't need or want a car this big, but I'm liking it just the same!

jrscobra

blank
Established Member
I love it! I just want to see what the aftermarket can do for it. This will be my next car. I'll probably wait a while...a year maybe...but it will be in my garage.

rphinney

Established Member
I'll take that engine in a Fusion model for 30K.

I like the car, but for a true performance car nut 43K for this vs. 33K for a G8 is not even a debate.

Wonder if Ford ever considered this setup for the Lincoln line? Seems like the price would be a bit more appropriate.

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
I agree totally a white G8 with tinted windows drove past me the other day it was gorgeous. Not that the Taurus is ugly but it is not sporty enough for me. Great grocery getter though with a lot of pickup but 43,000 hell no.

yeah and its 4k+ more than a GXP model even :/ I like the car too and think the non sho will sell good either way... but thats HEAVY!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
yeah and its 4k+ more than a GXP model even :/ I like the car too and think the non sho will sell good either way... but thats HEAVY!

how is that? 38990 sho vs 40600 gxp(ok the gxp is 90 less before gas tax)

yes the sho does not have the heated seats standard. but the gxp does not have the adjustable lumbar support standard. and of course the gxp is missing the awd, which adds price and weight. so why does the sho cost less?

Users who are viewing this thread