-pics- new shots of the CC

bubbrubb

I was on my way home late last night, my car was pretty clean and I had my camera stuff with me so I thought I'd pull into a location I like and snap a couple before bed.Took some pics last night, pretty happy with how they turned out, but I'm thinking it would be a lot better if I had been doing these right before sunset instead of 1 in the morning since the lighting is so strong behind the car but nothing in front to speak of. This confirms my suspicions that I want to look into some sort of a strobe set up.

Merged 3 exposures to get these images (note: these are HDR images, but they are not tonemapped!), otherwise there was no detail in the lighter and darker regions of the shot.

Hope you like em! Comments and criticisms are welcome :beer:

Car: 2010 Volkswagen CC sport
Wheels: 19" Porsche 997 turbo reps
Suspension: K Sport Coilovers + lots of camber

4857478166_7a014ee004_b.jpg

4857479752_ce2da8fa78_b.jpg

4857476394_51f0d87ce7_b.jpg

4856853371_feefd07e12_b.jpg

Hope you liked em! Comments and criticisms are welcome :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

bubbrubb

looks great, any interior pics?
Eh, I don't really have any of my own but here are some compliments of Volkswagen. I have silver trim instead of black, and the brownish color is actually a light tan color instead. I also don't have that many perforations in the seating surface.The cupholder in the front shown isn't the USDM versions either.
vw-passat-cc-08.jpg

112_0804_20z+2009_volkswagen_passat_CC+interior_view.jpg

besides the wheels going in like they are Bo, looks good
Thanks Doug. Yeah, I set the camber way too high and haven't had time to change it. I need the camber in the front, because if I hit a bump with the wheels anything but straight my fenders are ****ed without the camber. I don't care much for the camber, but it's a necessary evil at the moment. edit: I already wore through a fender liner as well, so IDK. I'm at a standstill on what to do. The camber in the rear will be adjusted (relatively) soon, but I think the front stays. Shame too, because the fitment in the front is perfect, so long as the car doesn't need to be driven lol.

Very NICE!

can I see more pics of the house??
looks beautiful
Thank you! It's an upscale apartment complex actually, and I don't have any more pictures of it to share. Sorry man.

Last edited by a moderator:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Great pictures Bo! CS5 still treating you well?! :-D

I don't think that is a home either, but I could be wrong.

I also like how you added 427 in by the door. :thumbsup:

bubbrubb

Great pictures Bo! CS5 still treating you well?! :-D

I don't think that is a home either, but I could be wrong.

I also like how you added 427 in by the door. :thumbsup:

so far so good! Not a ton of differences than CS3, mostly the layout from what I can tell. I don't exploit a whole lot of the benefits of the program though no doubt about it LOL but still thank you very much Chris!

You're right on it being an apartments, and good eye on the address change :beer:

95riosnake

Established Member
Uh oh Bo, I knew you'd throw some camber at it sooner or later! Looks perfect IMO. The camber in the rear is probably as negative as you should go, both for looks and for tire wear :-D

Without the camber the tires were sticking out past your rear fenders, making it look like the wheels didn't belong on the car. Looks perfect now, a mighty fine looking DD for sure!

Did you ever decide if you're gonna go to factory projectors or not?

Last edited:

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Pics came out great, just an FYI if you combine multiple pictures into 1 to get more shadow and highlight detail that by definition makes it an hdr,whether you use photomatix, or merge in CS5 or do it by layers and erasers.

bubbrubb

Uh oh Bo, I knew you'd throw some camber at it sooner or later! Looks perfect IMO. The camber in the rear is probably as negative as you should go, both for looks and for tire wear :-D

Without the camber the tires were sticking out past your rear fenders, making it look like the wheels didn't belong on the car. Looks perfect now, a mighty fine looking DD for sure!

Did you ever decide if you're gonna go to factory projectors or not?
Yeah, I need to get an alignment on it to make sure its even, but I just set the camber all in in the rear to make it fit so it could go lower. Figured tons of camber was safer than mismatched camber. Looks kinda ehhhhh, but I'll get it right soon enough :)

I don't think I'm going to go for projectors after all, I can't justify $1200+ for ****ing headlights LOL!!

Thanks Dan! Also, Chris sold his GT, so he's going to be buying my cobra in the coming week or so :uh oh: :bash:
Pics came out great, just an FYI if you combine multiple pictures into 1 to get more shadow and highlight detail that by definition makes it an hdr,whether you use photomatix, or merge in CS5 or do it by layers and erasers.
Thank you, and I mentioned no HDR because most people associate it with the tone mapped crap and again most people don't know the difference. It is indeed a high dynamic range image, but it was not your typical tone mapped image. I tried that first and it came out reeking of gay.

Maybe I should have said these are HDRs done right?

PowerShiftz02gt

Established Member
what exposures did you use? did you play with the shutter or the exposure compensation?

They look great. Bracketing these images was very smart on your part.

bubbrubb

cambers off a little in the rear......id get that checked out.

Otherwise its a nice ass car.
I think I mentioned this, but I did that so I could go lower in the rear/have people sit in the back. It had some strong rake going for a bit :(

what exposures did you use? did you play with the shutter or the exposure compensation?

They look great. Bracketing these images was very smart on your part.
Thank you! I do that every time I see crappy lighting LOL takes a couple seconds longer but it's nice insurance to have. I did 0, -2, +2 :beer:

What a cocky looking car. Wheels and stance really set it off.

Great looking background for the pics as well.
lmao, I don't even know how to take that but thank you
very nice, great job on pics
Thanks man! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread