-pics- New shoes for my Volkswagen CC

bubbrubb

Well, I've slowly making some progress with my CC. Finally pulled the trigger on a set of wheels for it a few weeks ago, and have been sitting around and putting off a coilover installation for months now. Decided I was going to get off my butt and put the wheels on the other day. Thought I'd share some pictures.

Yes, I am fully aware that Porsche wheels on a Volkswagen doesn't make it a Porsche.

Here is a pic completely stock:
3975417421_eff4693a09_o.jpg

Here's how it's sitting right now:
4694467412_e5594af87f_b.jpg

4693831453_ca93091129_b.jpg

4693832729_96596349f9_b.jpg

Pic of wheels: 2 front sets of 19" 997 turbo wheels
4694465852_3119e34509_b.jpg

Pic of coilovers I've been putting off installing:
4422803903_98aee016c5_b.jpg

photoshop of what it should look like in a week or two, pending my driveway doesn't try to eat it alive:
4693968531_bb8390e6f2_b.jpg

C&C welcome :beer:

NateV8

Established Member
Did you paint the grill yourself? I might do that to mine.

I'm still pissed I didn't get a white or silver one, looks so much nicer than black.

bubbrubb

Looks badass Bo, you better slam that thing when you put the coilovers on. ALL the way down!
Thanks Nate! I'm going to be ordering all the odd bits we need to do suspension work on our cars soon... so that way when you do something, I'll have everything you need and an install under my belt.

I can't do all the way down without notching my subframe, and you know my driveway would decimate my car. It already ripped off the front bumper of my friend's .:R :uh oh: (thank God it was two days before he was getting a new bumper and a respray on the car!!!!!!!!!)

I did the black myself with plasti dip. I gotta redo it though, the winter wasn't that kind to it and it's coming up in some places

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Nice looking CC. I have been in love with the CC ever since seeing it on Motorweek. That car has such gorgeous lines and I'd love to have one for a DD. The rims are sharp. Good luck with the mods.

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
Did they give you a sweet deal on car seats as well??... I think Graco makes one the same color as your car ;)

lol Nice wheels :beer:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
So were those rims expensive? Looks good man, awesome dd.

bubbrubb

Nice looking CC. I have been in love with the CC ever since seeing it on Motorweek. That car has such gorgeous lines and I'd love to have one for a DD. The rims are sharp. Good luck with the mods.
Thank you, they're great cars! they gobble up the miles on the highway with ease

will look 1000x better lowered
haha yeah that's what I'm praying, cause it looks kinda effed up on no drop.
Did they give you a sweet deal on car seats as well??... I think Graco makes one the same color as your car ;)

lol Nice wheels :beer:
I'm confused.. I'm not in the market for having kids any time soon? I've never even looked at baby stuff except when I buy it for my godson
will look alot better when you lower it and the wheels are a total upgrade from what you had on it.
Yeah, stock wheels and stance kinda stink, but I suppose it could have been worse. Thanks bro!
That car is beautiful!!! Looks great on the Porsche wheels too.:beer:
Thank you! That means a lot coming from you :beer:
So were those rims expensive? Looks good man, awesome dd.
No, they were pretty reasonable IMO. I had wheel adapters made for me to the width I wanted, that set me back a bit too. There are definitely cheaper options, but I wanted to do something that would stop most people from just seeing it and copying it. It's pretty tough to source 4 front wheels, plus you need adapters to run porsche wheels on a VW hub :beer:

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
I love the CC!! Nice what you have done so far. You going to do APR 1 or 2?

Epikmach

Established Member
Thank you! That means a lot coming from you :beer:

LOL. Well, I think both of your cars are cleaner than mine, but I LOVE VW's. My dad was a VW technician for 30 years, so I grew up around them all my life. My DD is a VW too, but not anywhere close to as nice as yours. Its an old school 86 Jetta GLI, but for a 24 year old car, its in great shape, gets great gas mileage, ac works, & its reliable.

IMO, VW hit a home run with the looks of the CC. I don't know much about them though, what's under the hood, & is it fwd, or awd?

bubbrubb

I love the CC!! Nice what you have done so far. You going to do APR 1 or 2?
Thank you, and no I'm going to leave the car stock other than the things I've already purchased for it. I've got some saving to do..

OEM European blinkers (replaced the ugly amber blinkers in the bumper)
10" alpine type r + audiobahn amp
Plasti dipped grill
K sport coilovers (still need to install)
997 turbo wheels
I have a "carbon fiber" sheet (3m dinoc, not the cheap pep boys stuff) that I'm considering doing the center section of the roof and the B pillars in, but we'll see.

LOL. Well, I think both of your cars are cleaner than mine, but I LOVE VW's. My dad was a VW technician for 30 years, so I grew up around them all my life. My DD is a VW too, but not anywhere close to as nice as yours. Its an old school 86 Jetta GLI, but for a 24 year old car, its in great shape, gets great gas mileage, ac works, & its reliable.

IMO, VW hit a home run with the looks of the CC. I don't know much about them though, what's under the hood, & is it fwd, or awd?
Thank you, I appreciate that, although I really love your mach so we'll call it even :beer: VWs are hit or miss reliability wise from what I've seen (read), so it sounds like you've got yourself a keeper :beer:

The CC has a 2.0T that's rated at 200 hp, mine is just front wheel drive but I did opt for the DSG transmission (twin clutch automatic) and the dealership threw in an ipod charger/connector thing for it. Sticker was $29750 or something IIRC, but my lease payments are cheaper than they were for a 24k GTI!! It only weighs ~3350 lbs, so it's surprisingly quick. Much faster than I had anticipated it being. The other nice thing is that it really beats out the EPA estimates (21/31 mpg) for city/highway. I get about 23-26 city depending on stop/go traffic, and I've gotten 36 mpg highway. I fill it with midgrade gas too since I'm never flogging the thing. It's a really really nice car to drive though, smooth, composed and quiet. Stock stereo isn't bad, and it came with a touch screen LCD head unit and headed seats standard which was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread