Pics: GT/CS Fascia, Saleen Grill, & GT500 Spoiler installed on 12' GT

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
MRT Has the cheapest price..... I just got one for $325 painted (Drop shipped form 3dCarbon)

RT: Did you have to do any camber adjustments (CC plates/Camber Bolts) with that combo? How is the ride...I take it you did the Eibach pkg with the dampers too!? What about sway bars?

Car does look good and I am glad you brought up the tire sizes, my "P-springs" were great before I switched tires, now I need more drop to get rid of the fender gap.

I got mine from CJ Ponyparts for a little less. :)

I installed the Eibach camber bolts, and the ride is ok. A little rougher than stock, but not that bad. Wish I did the whole package, but just went with the springs for now.

My best bud Cgoeschel (member) has the Prokit on his Brembo car, and his car definately has a little more gap (255/40 is .5" shorter).

I'm sorry I meant qualityf, but the car looks great

I'll agree, the quality is not superior by any means. I do like how it keeps with the center line of the car and does not require cutting your stocker.

Hey man I wasnt trying to take a shot. I have seen them in person and on here in several posts and the comment from the people who have them is always the same. The quality is cheap and the install comes out shoddy. I was simply hoping that this wasnt an expensive piece. It would be worth trying if it was not too much $$$, but for what I have heard they go for I would pass. Im sure you can unload it quick, and just buy the roush grille. I dont know why you dont like me, but either way car looks great but the grille I would uninstall and unload.

:beer::pop:

It was a toss up between the Roush/Saleen, but I didn't want to cut my stocker. It is definately not expensive by any means and worth a shot. As you said, you can uninstall and sell it if you don't like. BTW, never said that I didn't like you.:beer:

Last edited:

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
just FYI no cutting is needed to install the roush if that was your decision in going saleen.
Theres about 10 clips that hold the fog light area to the surround for the grill, unclip and install your roush.

car looks good. im partial to the roush grill, but i see why folks go for the saleen.

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Looks good Justin!! :beer:

The 5.0 Coyote badges are a nice touch on the grille!! I bought a set of those badges last year when I first saw them on Ebay. They are still in my glove box waiting for a place to install them, LOL!!

SicShelby09

Banned
I got mine from CJ Ponyparts for a little less. :)

I installed the Eibach camber bolts, and the ride is ok. A little rougher than stock, but not that bad. Wish I did the whole package, but just went with the springs for now.

My best bud Cgoeschel (member) has the Prokit on his Brembo car, and his car definately has a little more gap (255/40 is .5" shorter).

I'll agree, the quality is not superior by any means. I do like how it keeps with the center line of the car and does not require cutting your stocker.

It was a toss up between the Roush/Saleen, but I didn't want to cut my stocker. It is definately not expensive by any means and worth a shot. As you said, you can uninstall and sell it if you don't like. BTW, never said that I didn't like you.:beer:

Cool man. :rockon:

scott_0

Established Member
looks great red turtle! I just did the Saleen grill and CS/Boss fascia last week and I love the look! the Saleen grill is a bit flimsy when youre installing it, but imo it doesnt look cheap.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Looks good Justin!! :beer:

The 5.0 Coyote badges are a nice touch on the grille!! I bought a set of those badges last year when I first saw them on Ebay. They are still in my glove box waiting for a place to install them, LOL!!

Thanks Greg. Procal gets installed today. :D

just FYI no cutting is needed to install the roush if that was your decision in going saleen.
Theres about 10 clips that hold the fog light area to the surround for the grill, unclip and install your roush.

car looks good. im partial to the roush grill, but i see why folks go for the saleen.

Yeah, discovered that last night after more research. I am still partial to the Saleen grill for the look.

Cool man. :rockon:

:beer:

Sweet looking car--I am jealous.

Thanks

Nice Job! I've been saving up for the CS front as well!

What part of Florida do you live in?

Sarasota/Bradenton

i love the look of the saleen grill. whats so bad about them

IMO, the only bad part is the flimsy clips. The stock grill insert is held in by a notch in the tabs, where as the Saleen comes with these thin alligator clips to hold the grill in place.

looks great red turtle! I just did the Saleen grill and CS/Boss fascia last week and I love the look! the Saleen grill is a bit flimsy when youre installing it, but imo it doesnt look cheap.

Thanks. Yeah, I love the look as well.

D.T.R

Established Member
Having a black 12 GT, I totally love this. Can't wait to the same to mine.

Thanks for the help btw (PMs)

ViciousJay

Established Member
If i end up keeping mine (i probably will) ill get the saleen grille, curious where did you get the tag at? I was looking and debating if i bought it that i would just dremel out the tag area and clean it up to match the rest of the grille

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Having a black 12 GT, I totally love this. Can't wait to the same to mine.

Thanks for the help btw (PMs)

No, prob

If i end up keeping mine (i probably will) ill get the saleen grille, curious where did you get the tag at? I was looking and debating if i bought it that i would just dremel out the tag area and clean it up to match the rest of the grille

I got the Coyote badge from ebay. Think it was $9.99 for two.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Looks great. I was going to go with the Saleen grille myself. However, I took a chunk of tire tread to the front bumper cover this weekend and will probably install a Roush front end as a result. So, Roush grille will get the nod instead.

Mike

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Car looks great with the changes. Curious why no one installs the GT/CS grill since it's now black in 2012.
gtcs2.jpg

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL, that would explain some of it. But since everybody beats up on the Saleen grill and you have to cut the bumper for the Roush grill I figured it would be another option. But I'm biased.

Plus since it's a Ford product it won't void your factory warranty.:-D

scott_0

Established Member
heres a link to where I got mine, I bought them on a Thursday and had them in my mailbox on Saturday! from California to Pennsylvania :rockon:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

scott_0

Established Member
Curious why no one installs the GT/CS grill since it's now black in 2012.
for me personally, I just do not like the closely spaced ribs of the Roush or CS grills, the Saleen grill just looks aggressive imo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread