Pics from Oxford, CT car show yesterday, including an awesome '34 Auburn.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife and I went to a big car show yesterday in Oxford, CT. I took a few pics, but the car that blew us both away was a impeccably restored 1934 Auburn (Model 652Y, I believe). The attention to detail was mind blowing. A stunning classic! I talked to the owner and he told me he's restored a few other older cars but this was his crowning jewel. He bought it four years ago and it was in need of a lot of work. As you can see, he hit a home run on the restoration. I added a few other pics. All in all, a fun car show!

upload_2021-7-25_10-58-45.jpeg

upload_2021-7-25_10-59-56.jpeg

upload_2021-7-25_11-1-0.jpeg

upload_2021-7-25_11-2-34.jpeg

upload_2021-7-25_11-3-18.jpeg

upload_2021-7-25_11-8-8.jpeg

upload_2021-7-25_11-8-53.jpeg

upload_2021-7-25_11-9-54.jpeg

upload_2021-7-25_11-10-22.jpeg

upload_2021-7-25_11-10-45.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hadn't heard of this one. I'll be just coming back from Block Island that week, but I might be able to get there on Saturday. Depends on how Thursday and Friday go for me.

Brett, will you be there on Saturday? Paul?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Oh yes for sure Bob.

I hadn't heard of this one. I'll be just coming back from Block Island that week, but I might be able to get there on Saturday. Depends on how Thursday and Friday go for me.

Brett, will you be there on Saturday? Paul?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm going to try hard to get there on Saturday. Maybe Friday. Looks pretty promising at this point.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I figured I'd copy/paste this for anyone interested in the Dream Ride Car Show. Am I reading the schedule right that you'll only see the show cars (and exotics) on Sunday?

SUNDAY, AUGUST 22, 2021
FARMINGTON POLO CLUB, FARMINGTON, CT

Celebrating its 20th anniversary, the Dream Show is the largest car show benefiting The Hometown Foundation, Inc. The show has evolved from its motorcycle roots to one of the top premier car shows on the East Coast. Hundreds of exotic and classic car owners and enthusiasts from around the world converge in Farmington, CT for this unique spectacle! In past years, we have debuted multiple super and hyper cars including, the east coast debuts of the Koenigsegg Jesko and Pagani Huayra BC Roadster. 2021 will surpass expectations with displays from premier marques including, Ferrari, McLaren, Jaguar, Koenigsegg, Pagani, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Apollo, De Tomaso, and more!

Bring your car to the show for a day of fun or have your car judged by our world class judges! Whether it is the rumble of a 427 Cobra or the sleek lines of an E-Type, this 12 class judged show appeals to all enthusiasts! The finest automobiles from across the Northeast descend upon the Farmington Polo Club to take the crown of Dream Ride's Best In Show!

Pre-registration is not required, but strongly encouraged for this show as space fills up quickly and space is limited. Registration for the 2021 Dream Ride Experience is coming soon!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Crap! When I just told me wife not to make plans on August 21st, she reminded me we have a wedding in Rhode Island on that Saturday. ☹️ Friday doesn’t look worth going to the Dream Rides venue, and on Sunday I can’t get there until 1:00 and starts closing down at 2:00. I really wanted to go that Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Crap! When I just told me wife not to make plans on August 21st, she reminded me we have a wedding in Rhode Island on that Saturday. ☹️ Friday doesn’t look worth going to the Dream Rides venue, and on Sunday I can’t get there until 1:00 and starts closing down at 2:00. I really wanted to go that Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Boooooo

Hsssssssss

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Boooooo

Hsssssssss
I know. I don't get too many large shows in CT, and I really was looking forward to the Saturday Dream Ride schedule. Of course, the wedding in Rhode Island DOES start at 4:00. Hmmm. LOL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What!? No pictures of an Oxford White Cobra Bob? :p

U.M.
No Cobras were seen there. Not a one. There were, though, a couple of GT-350, and 3 or 4 really nice S-197 and S-550 GTs. I was there more to see the '60s muscle machines. I wasn't disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread