Picled up a new toy!

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Picked up a new toy!

25142160954318650504IM1MAIN565x421_A565x376-1.jpg

BMW M ROADSTER

It's like a lazyboy strapped to a gocart. I don't have many picks since I drove over 1000 miles to get her. I've got a sunburn and a smile on my face though.

Last edited:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Fun car to drive. My buddy used to have the M coupe version. That thing was exactly like you said...a go-cart!

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
When it comes to roadsters only a shelby cobra, Viper, and perhaps some vetts id say have more testicular fortitude, It's no Miata :beer:

Last edited:

klr16G

Established Member
Looks good man im sure you will have fun in it, don't listen to the comments above its your money your car bro have fun with it...

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Always been a fan of the coupes. Nice ride regardless. What color did you get any plans for it?

Vincenthdfan

Established Member
Damn...tough crowd.

I have a guy at work that busts my balls all the time because my black on black terminator is a vert.

He says verts are for girls...I reminded him that if I offered to give him my car, he'd jump at the chance to own my "girl's car". lol

At any rate..if the car is fun to drive, screw what these guys think of it, enjoy it! :beer:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Whelp someone just paid me more for the Lightning than I paid Ford new in 04, and is wanting the stock parts back on. looks like she's going and i'm going to have a few mods for the vultures. :sad:
Got to demod her in the next two days.
Thanks for the complements and "constructive criticizing" it's a weird feeling losing your baby but for the price... I couldn't resist.

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
hmm let me know you will have for sale lol

4 & 6 lb lower, killer chiller with upgraded orifice tube and insulated lines. Mtx box for 2 10" subs, a pioneer avic d3 with the btb200 Bluetooth and sirius module. And the metra kit, Also the pioneer backup camera. 6000k dual beam hid headlamps and 6000k fog lights. K&n Cai kit, mafia, predator tuner. Lots of lil things. I have a stiege
ported blower but its probaly staying. There will be threads for them.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
My stepdad has the exact same car. He's got a silver 01 with about 18k miles on it. Supersprint exhaust, intake, tune and HRE wheels. Very fun little cars.

Where'd you buy it?

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
My stepdad has the exact same car. He's got a silver 01 with about 18k miles on it. Supersprint exhaust, intake, tune and HRE wheels. Very fun little cars.

Where'd you buy it?
Very cool your stepdad has one, and modded as well. :up:
Found it in Dallas where someone had it posted online. Amazingly it still has all its original papers, car cover, tonneau, ect. It just needs another set of keys. I don't have any mod plans except adeding sirius an mabye navigation.
I'll miss the lightning badly, but it just has caused a ton of family drama and had to go even with as much as I hate saying goodbye to her. At least the rest of my fleet is still Fords. :rockon:
Man that thing is cute!

You cannot believe how many good looking women have told me the same thing or its pretty/beautiful/hot. Ladies notice this car and start conversations with you and most have BMW's of their own. It's like a bass boat that attracts fish. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread