Picking up a GT350R in early June. I have questions..

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
As stated, some of the top dealer mistakes with these cars are:
  1. Incorrectly installed splitter (send them that video, no kidding! Watch it yourself and inspect it when you get there!)
  2. Transport spacers not removed from all four corners
  3. Adjustable Camber Plates missing/not installed/car not realigned (You already paid for the parts, the installation, and the alignment - insist on it.)
I love the sound of a 2000 mile road trip home - almost did it myself but ended up buying local. I would SERIOUSLY consider asking the dealer if they had a GREAT PPF service nearby. There's a lot of rocks and bugs in 2000 miles - you will be a lot happier with some PPF between them and your brand new paint!
I've got some track wrap which I'm taking with me.
I would check out the tax breakdown. You pay where you live. So they may not be collecting (all of) it.
appreciate that tip, thank you.

Last edited:

ANGREY

Established Member
Most states treat sales taxes like expat income. If you pay another state, as long as you pay as much or more than your state would charge, they'll skip it, but if you pay less, they'll make you pay the difference (when you go to register/tag it). Most people lie or discount the value of the vehicle when they register, which you can't do when you purchase out of state because you have to show the paperwork to demonstrate you paid the taxes.

saleensc281

Established Member
I would strongly suggest painters tape or something of the sort for these areas.

View attachment 1641929

13COBRA provided most of the rock chip prone areas. I would also strongly recommend protecting each post on either side of the windshield, the leading edge of your roof, the entire rocker panel, and your entire hood.

Personally I would be leery driving that far without a quality PPF installed. Painters tape may deter bugs, but a decent size pebble with velocity probably not. Not sure how effective Trak Wrap is. If it has OTS chipping the vinyl would create even more of a headache. Personally I would ship it, or have PPF installed before the trip. If you decide to do PPF would recommend using a matte finish just for the OTS, as I have heard you can tell a difference in appearance if you don't.

If you do decided to drive it, definitely purchase and take with you a set of JLT rock blockers to install.

Definitely, personally check the installation of the front splitter as well.

Users who are viewing this thread