Picking up a GT350R in early June. I have questions..

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
All,

I’ll be e picking the car up and putting about 2K miles on it for the return trip to Colorado.

Dealer called and asked if I wanted the lower spoiler installed, and I think the answer is yes. In its packaging, it won’t fit in the car, but I’m only a little concerned about scrapping.

What other things should I inspect for at delivery?

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It will scrape. (Scrapearmor.com). Flip of the coin really. Scrapes on splitter or not fooling with installation. If you do get installed, check for proper installation. If you don’t get installed ship to your house.

With those tires, I would try to get some kind of protection film or you will have rock chips in several places with that many miles.

As for what to look for, new or used? Congratulations by the way. What color and I demand pics asap.

ANGREY

Established Member
Few Options.

1) It'll fit in the car. It'll be a bit awkward but you could drive it home and install it there. Will look kinda funky and be a pain having the seats down and possibly the driver side seat forward.

2) Take a screw gun and a set of ZL1 splitter savers with you. If you have access to a lift or a jack you can do it after they install the car. If they'll wait until you get there you can install it on the splitter before they install it.

3) Send them a set of sliplo or take some with you when you go and install it yourself. Pretty simple, just need some cleaner/solvent and a pair of snips or a sharp knife.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
if you are gonna let them do it (total crapshoot) send them this video and reiterate they do EVERY step...in a nice way of course.

i would fold a seat down and haul it back, because if they don't install correctly you'll be dealing with an epic headache on a 2,000mi trip

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
All. GT350R doesn’t have a fold down seat, so putting the splitter in the car would negate having the wife with me. At first st blush this sounds like a win, but the likely divorce would cost me the car and several properties.

Good tip regarding tires and rock chips. I have TraK Wrap, but don’t know the trouble spots other than the nose of the car.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Totally forgot about the rear seat delete...my bad, you don’t have much choice.

You may seriously want to run that video by the service department as they love to leave out the 45 degree hardware and many times don’t use a mallet to snap it into the clips. If done wrong, highway speeds could rip it off, happens all the time. I found out the hard way, a little past 140mph...scared the hell out of me.

fearthesnake

Established Member
My man, have the dealer mount that shit and enjoy. That’s why you have insurance. Drive that car like you did your 500. And then some! You and the ball and chain just have a good time. Good luck.
Agree. Have it installed and enjoy the ride home.
Other than dodging some truck retread tires in the road I would think it's not going to scrape on the Interstate.
Just pull in/out of Hotels/Restaurants parking lots at an angle to avoid issues which is normal driving anyway.

Have fun and enjoy, post some pics of the Journey along the way.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would strongly suggest painters tape or something of the sort for these areas.

upload_2020-5-22_8-24-25.png

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
OP, have you driven at 350 car yet? If not, you are going to shit a brick when you do. They handle so very good! Have fun on the road trip and enjoy.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
OP, have you driven at 350 car yet? If not, you are going to shit a brick when you do. They handle so very good! Have fun on the road trip and enjoy.
Yeah, I drove one around Christmas last year. Also an R. I was hooked. It reminded me of a unrefined E46 M3, which was one of the best handling cars in it's day.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Follow 13cobra diagram for rock chips. I believe 2019 and up have protection for the driver’s wiper.

If splitter not installed correctly you may ruin splitter and suffer front fascia damage. Not saying the dealership is not capable but it is easy to do wrong and not many dealerships get a chance to practice. If installed I would strongly suggest you get it up on a lift at dealership and review for correct installation.

Driving 2000 miles will be extreme hard not to scrape the splitter. Prepare grimace face.

Rjay

Established Member
As stated, some of the top dealer mistakes with these cars are:
  1. Incorrectly installed splitter (send them that video, no kidding! Watch it yourself and inspect it when you get there!)
  2. Transport spacers not removed from all four corners
  3. Adjustable Camber Plates missing/not installed/car not realigned (You already paid for the parts, the installation, and the alignment - insist on it.)
I love the sound of a 2000 mile road trip home - almost did it myself but ended up buying local. I would SERIOUSLY consider asking the dealer if they had a GREAT PPF service nearby. There's a lot of rocks and bugs in 2000 miles - you will be a lot happier with some PPF between them and your brand new paint!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
  1. Adjustable Camber Plates missing/not installed/car not realigned (You already paid for the parts, the installation, and the alignment - insist on it.)

Actually, that's not true.

Ford doesn't pay dealers to install them, nor the gurney flap or splitter wickers. These are all 'track only' and Ford intends for consumers to pay to have them installed after the sale.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Actually, that's not true.

Ford doesn't pay dealers to install them, nor the gurney flap or splitter wickers. These are all 'track only' and Ford intends for consumers to pay to have them installed after the sale.
That is good to know, but when I take delivery in 2 days, I want to ensure that they're in boxes in the trunk. Also, one of the salesman that I negotiated the price of the car (originally $75K OTD) somehow hosed up the tax calculation. New final price is $72.5K, so I'm pretty happy with that....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is good to know, but when I take delivery in 2 days, I want to ensure that they're in boxes in the trunk. Also, one of the salesman that I negotiated the price of the car (originally $75K OTD) somehow hosed up the tax calculation. New final price is $72.5K, so I'm pretty happy with that....

I would check out the tax breakdown. You pay where you live. So they may not be collecting (all of) it.

Users who are viewing this thread