PICKING UP 2004 COBRA TODAY!!

2004svtcobra

Established Member
Well it has been a long wait. All of you areprobably sick of me talking about it by now. But, I am finally picking up my new 2004 COBRA today!!!! I will post picks as soon as the wife opens up her "my" digital camera for Christmas. Yeah Hooo!!!! What a Christmas present! Now winter can go away!!!!! I hate snow. hahahhaa

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Congrats man-

I'm sure you are one happy dude. BTW- I am in the same boat as you as far as the camera for the wife. Although my car won't be here until after Christmas, so not an issue here.

Just give it to her early!!!!! Let's see some pics

Pyro

Established Member
Congrats!! You guys will love this car. Start planning your mods!!

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
I already have a Steeda CAI (Christmas gift -shhh). I'm skipping the pully and getting a Whipple or KB in January or Feb.

Now I just need my F'n car:bash:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
All my preparations are made. I actually, finally, broke down and got a '94 VW Golf for a winter car *sigh*, and have my Pro 5.0 shifter, Mach 1000 upgrade kit, and 3 huge boxes of dynamat ready to roll. I also need the effing car now!

Now, instead of driving the car in the winter, I will trailer it to my garage, and install mods on it until springtime, while I get 60mpg in my dorky little VW Golf. Isn't that lovely?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on getting your new Cobra. You're going to love the black paint. Just be sure to keep it clean! LOL!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Chompin at the bit here myself...I have to wait some more.....grrrr

PS: atomheart you will not be sorry...about having a beater...I've been hot roddin since the 70s, and back then live in Syracuse,NY(IE..SNOW< SALT<YUK)
If you mod and don't get it back together in time you still got wheels...plus those v-dubs are animals in the snow(w/ good tires)

2004svtcobra

Established Member
Well I am back.... I put 120 miles on the car after I picked it up at the dealer today!!!! The car is sharp. I washed it when I got hope to get rid of salt. All of you all are going to laugh at this one though. While we were taking the white chip guard material off in the garage at the dealer we had to open the hood. When I opened the hood the oil cap was missing!!!! I could effing believe it!!! I looked down in beside next to the engine and low and behold there was the cap. Just hanging out for the ride resting on some wires. They must have simply placed the cap on the hole at the assembly plant rather than place the cap on and turn it clockwise. hahahaha. It says on the cap SAE 5W-20 by the way. hahaha

Anyways.. I got the car for 34,895.00. They goofed up when I ordered it and quoted me the gas guzz tax. Well, there is no gas guz tax so I got 1000 off plus they financed it for 4%/60months. I did my homework so they had to give me a great finance charge because I got other quotes from other banks who were willing to handle the deal. hahaha I think I got a great deal anyways. I guess that is all that matters.

The pully cover for the supercharger does not have the cobra emblem on it. It shifts great, no poping while going up a steep incline, no vibe, no rubbing seat, no noisy air vent, no clunck in rear end. The car runs great so far!!! FORD did a good job. The chrome rims look sweet too. I am very happy.

I love driving this car and I feel like king of the hill when I am behind the wheel. I got a lot of looks from people while driving it. They were probably thinking, "what an idiot for driving that car on these roads." I say who cares. I am going to drive on every nice day this winter when the roads are dry. Anyways... who is in the COBRA? me.... not them.

I will post some cool pics when I get the camera. Later!!

Calimon

Established Member
Congratz man!!! I picked up my 03 about 2wks ago and I'm sooo glad I moved from Connecticut to Oregon for the simple reason I don't have to deal with hardly any snow..wooohoo.

I have pics but have no clue how to get them on here.

Anyways gratz again, sweet car :)

Users who are viewing this thread