Picked up my GT350 last week.

smkn350

Established Member
Last August while deployed I was able to score a allocation through Military Auto Source for a GT350 below msrp. Clearly this was going to be an amazing car but my biggest issue was picking a color. Race Red no stripes is immediately what I leaned towards, seeing how 4 of the 5 cars I've owned all have been red........This is a different car though, there is something special anout, so it had to be different than the rest. After a couple restless nights knowing I'll be getting a GT350, I decided on Avalanche Gray with black roof and black strips. The easy decision was choosing track or tech package, so track package it was. Now comes the unknown time I would have to wait for the build start.

Fast forward to January 7th, the owner/close friend of Gary Smith Ford calls to inform me to head there the car is being delivered soon. I was kinda pissed because 90% rain was forecasted for the entire day. I didn't want to take delivery with it pouring, but it didn't keep me from going to check it out. image.jpeg

The following day it was chilly, temps got down to upper 40's, and thank God there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Told my wife that she's not going to work, that taking delivery of this car was priority. Settled the paperwork which only took 20mins and waited for the tech to do his delivery inspection releasing the car to me. I didn't even let them detail it, which I suggest to every one allowing me to remove the window stickers and prep the paint for mild corrections. Here is a picture before I left the lot.image.jpeg

More pics my dad took when I stopped by his shop on my way home.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I'll post more pictures

This car is more than I expected and really can't wait to unleash this car at Barbers in the near future.

MysticRob

Established Member
That's a pretty slick color, and I'd love to see one locally. I saw a DIB one in front of me. Sounded mean as hell, even doing streetlight rush hour traffic speeds. I'd like to see how thin red stripes would look on the borders of those black stripes. Those thin white ones are almost invisible.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It's nice to see someone in the military score one of these badboys. Good for you. I hope you have the opportunity to drive the living crap out of it every time you get behind the wheel.

And a big thanks for your service.

RES0574

Established Member
Nice ride. I'm right down 98 from you in Panama City. I picked up my 350 in December and have been trying to find a decent place nearby to really drive her. There is only a drag strip here that I can find. Is Barber Motorpark the best place for LA and NWFL to run? I have been breaking in the engine around here, and have about 70 miles before I hit 500, so I plan on putting it to the test in February.

smkn350

Established Member
Nice ride. There is only a drag strip here that I can find. Is Barber Motorpark the best place for LA and NWFL to run?

So Barbers is in Birmingham and I think that is the closest other than auto cross events. They will be reopening the drag strip in Holt soon too. I have lived in Destin/FWB my entire life, just so happens I'm stationed at Hurlburt. Trying to get stationed at the AF Combat Dive school there in Panama City.

black_bullitt

Established Member
Congrats!

I'm going to assume it was you I saw coming across 3 mile bridge this past weekend. ? Beautiful car, I'd love to check it out some time, maybe do a little photoshoot with my BOSS...

smkn350

Established Member
Congrats!

I'm going to assume it was you I saw coming across 3 mile bridge this past weekend. ? Beautiful car, I'd love to check it out some time, maybe do a little photoshoot with my BOSS...

If it was Sunday morning around 7:50 am (with a nasty 1000+hp gt500 in trail) it was me. Also I came back across the bridge around 4:30pm. There is another GT350 same color, tech pack, minus the black roof in Navarre. I believe he picked it up from Gary Smith Ford as well. Anyways, I'll be down by the food trucks off Palafox around 5:30, if you want an up close look at it.

Parked in front of Bodacious Brew

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread