Picked up an 08 GT/CS today

stvdman

Established Member
The GT/CS is a very nice little package. Co-worker just picked up a blue one.

His was parked next to an 07 GT with stripe package and upgraded wheels and the CS package was MUCH better looking.

ragshockey88

Established Member
^^^ Thought about that. Had an 03 Cobra. Wanted something different. Plus the GT500 is the ultimate goal at the end of the road.

I get the Ford A-Plan, plus they had $1000 off and good financing. The interior sold me on the car.

sold me back in january of 05 when i ordered one...i had this debate with my brother who has an 03 mach...yea its a special edition but there r soooo many factors that went into buying my 05...the power alone for the machs and cobras couldnt lure me....im not trying to be bias sooo try not top bash but eventually i want a gt500. but the 05-08's so far haven't disappointed because they have broadened the options for interior and customization :beer: to all mustangs

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
Only supercharger that doesn't void the warranty is the Roush one and it sucks. It's the most expensive and it gets the least amount of power. Whipple, KB, procharger, vortech all void the warranty. My personal opinion:

www.turbohorsepower.com

Their single kit with a 61mm turbo made 457rwhp on 6 psi and 513rwhp on 8 psi.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Actually Thomas we do have to have front plates and cats, however they are not anywhere near as scrutinized as in the Peoples republic of Californistan
No front plates, no cats, no problems here in Kansas..
But personal property taxes are ridiculous, and your essentialy stuck in one big speedtrap, with a bunch of long, straight, flat empty roads always tempting you.

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
how many editions of that mustang are they going to make. geez whose keeping track. no matter what they keep trying to do it's still ugly. gt500 is obviously the best one but even that one is ugly. sorry guy just being honest

redline

Established Member
i was at that dealership last week and seen that car nice choice.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Yeah great buy, I still dont know why some of these guy's think these cars are no good with any kind of blower/turbo you will make just as much if not more power than a 03/04 cobra. oh and at a lower psi. ( get a turbo set up )

millerc73

Established Member
Nice car! Check into a turbo as an option. Powerhouse411.net has the kit that I have on my car and it is great! I've got 12k on the car since the turbo install and beat the hell out of it. IMO turbos are the way to go.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Only supercharger that doesn't void the warranty is the Roush one and it sucks. It's the most expensive and it gets the least amount of power. Whipple, KB, procharger, vortech all void the warranty. My personal opinion:

www.turbohorsepower.com

Their single kit with a 61mm turbo made 457rwhp on 6 psi and 513rwhp on 8 psi.

NOT TRUE SALEEN AND WHIPPLE (6LBS) are covered under warrenty 3/36mons. and the roush dose not suck my gf has one in her o6gt vert and she's allready ruined several manhoods since she got it! (ls2 gto's, all intake exsaust ls1's and every ricer she ever raced):shrug:

Cobra-O

Established Member
^^ This requires Ford dealership installation right?

I really want to do this myself, and I REALLY don't care about the warranty. I am going to mod the crap out of this thing.

Cobra-O

Established Member
Pictures added

Here are some better pictures. Picked it up today.

CIMG0857.jpg

CIMG0856.jpg

CIMG0853.jpg

CIMG0852.jpg

CIMG0850.jpg

CIMG0849.jpg

Cobra-O

Established Member
It is a black leather with inserts. The color is new for 08. Candy apple red, or something like that. Very close it looks like. I may be wrong, but I saw a press release about new colors for 2008.

Users who are viewing this thread