Picked up an 08 GT/CS today

Cobra-O

Established Member
Actually I will pick it up tomorrow.

Let the modding begin. I had ordered a GT500, but had to bail because my wife is expecting. I got a GREAT deal on the 08 and my first mod will be a supercharger and exhaust.

Anyone know the best supercharger to go with? Is there a way to get the stock 03/04 Eaton on there? If not, I'll probably be going with the Whipple.

I am an Engineer and mechanically capable. Anyone done this before? I figure I can do it myself, but anyone here done it before? What was the hardest part? It is pretty turn-key, isn't it? Seems to me it would just be a lot of busy work. No fabrication, right?

Anyone have any other thoughts on the subject? Crappy picture from my cell hone.

MustangGT-CS.jpg

thanks,

Aaron

Last edited:

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
My mom just got one. They're pretty nice. I like the suddle appearance improvements. Better front air damn, shelby rear air splitter, lowered one inch all around, 18 inch rims, slightly louder exhaust, and a sick interior. Plus hers has the Shaker 1000 which is just freaking awesome. Congrats on the buy.

Paul

SpectorV

Established Member
not bad but I would have held out for a GT500 down the road after they become reasonable or picked up an 03/04

Cobra-O

Established Member
^^^ Thought about that. Had an 03 Cobra. Wanted something different. Plus the GT500 is the ultimate goal at the end of the road.

I get the Ford A-Plan, plus they had $1000 off and good financing. The interior sold me on the car.

Wintermute

Banned
Roush-charger will preserve your warrantly, anything else and yer on yer own. I'm not a mechanic but I dont think theres any way in hell a terminator eaton is going on a S197.

Just noticed yer pic, I thought they only came in black or white ?

Last edited:

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
whipple makes a kit and i dont think it voids the warranty.

s197's are surprisingly quick with some cheap mods some of yall would be surprised... i know i was.

mustangman2424

Established Member
Saleen and Whipple are the top brands, but whipple will make more with less boost. I would go around 440rwhp with a good tune to be safe.

Cobra-O

Established Member
^^ Just a two tone interior with some carbon fiber looking parts. I'll get some pictures of it tomorrow or over the weekend.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i would figure whipple wouldnt void the warranty, dont they make an "upgraded" s/c kit for some cars for Ford Racing?

Users who are viewing this thread