Picked up a 2013 Shelby

1996mstgcobra

Established Member
Picked up a black with matte black stripes fully optioned 2013 Shelby. walked in into dealership just to see if one was a available. The beast was sitting in the showroom, manager walked by me and asked if I liked the car? I said yes, she would be my dream come true but I couldn't afford the 15k over. He said just to brush me away, I'll do sticker if you take her while laughing at me.. I told him lets do it.. He turned back and asked if I was kidding? I said no lets do it! 6 hrs later I was signing away. didn't even test drive till I drove her home 1hr ago ...OMG! these things are powerful.. I want to thank boggus ford manager for keeping his word and letting local people score these beauties at sticker price.

7ESCq.jpg

NG3zv.jpg

Last edited:

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
Good job. You are one of the lucky ones. Some of these guys on this site have been looking for MSRP cars and have been jacked around by crappy dealers for months.

SVTKen

Established Member
Nice! Black with matte black stripes is very sexy. Let's see some pics when you get a chance. Mine is scheduled to be built on 12/16, so it looks like I may get one of the last '13s built.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
GOD!!! ANOTHER ONE IN MY GENERAL AREA!!!!!

I WAS HOPING TO BE EXCLUSIVE!!!!!

Just kidding man, amazing story! Good for you and Congrats, that is an amazing deal. Good dealership too! Must be nice as some folks on here have had to deal with a bunch of BS!

Congrats again Amigo!

Hourigan218

Established Member
Hey man congrats. Hope to see it around as I frequent rio grande city. I'm even closer than 662hp631tq. I'm in Laredo and was able to get the same deal but dealership let me order how and what I wanted. So welcome to the club and really take care of it down there. Have fun and enjoy.

1996mstgcobra

Established Member
Thanks guys, I didn't sleep at all. I'm taking pics of her, I just wish I knew how to upload. Need some advice with a couple must do bolt on's.

what would you guys do if you had just $1000 to spend on it?

Planeswalker

Established Member
Congrats! To load pictures here you need an external picture host site, I use imgur.com. Upload pictures there, for free, then click on the picture and copy the link for BBCode. Click insert image on here and paste the link in. You may need to lower the resolution of the pic or it will show up huge on here, preview post to see how it looks.

Planeswalker

Established Member
Thanks guys, I didn't sleep at all. I'm taking pics of her, I just wish I knew how to upload. Need some advice with a couple must do bolt on's.

Oil catch can, hood struts, tint, CAI and tune.

rancid

Established Member

Funny, when I got mine I didn't sleep for almost three nights straight because I wanted to either wash it or go do something in it.

For mods I'd do window tint, hood struts from redline racing, oil catch cans, resinator delete, and upgrade all four primary speakers inside the car.

1996mstgcobra

Established Member
I agree on the speakers, they sound weird when you crank up the volume. thanks for the advice guys, I'm looking into all options. CAI I think is a must, I'd like to hear that charger whine..

How do I upload pics?

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I agree on the speakers, they sound weird when you crank up the volume. thanks for the advice guys, I'm looking into all options. CAI I think is a must, I'd like to hear that charger whine..

How do I upload pics?
Congrats on the car and awesome story about how you got it at MSRP! :rolling:
You can host the pics at a site like Imageshack then post the address of the pic here using img code.
Or you can email them to me and I'll host them for you, sent you a PM.
S.

1996mstgcobra

Established Member
Thanks Snorman!

That sun roof option is like iceing on the cake, people who see that love that sunroof. That's what got my wife to approve the buy! We celebrate 10 yr ann. 11/27 and she wants to take cruise to south padre island on it!

Users who are viewing this thread