Picked out our lot for the new house..

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
We picked out the lot we want for our new house and put down our ernest (spelling?) money today. We got a decent sized corner lot considering the subdivision next to us didn't have a lot that would fit the new house :poke: As of right now the house will be roughly 1985 sqft, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 living areas and 2 eating/dining areas, 3 car garage which I insisted be heated and cooled so I can spend more time working on the LX :thumbsup: It will have a 10'x40' covered patio with 4 ceiling fans in the back facing the mountains. We should have the final drawings next week to sign off on and then we'll sign our contract. We are getting pretty excited about it. Just need to sell our current house before we can close on the new one. Here are a couple of pictures we took today of the lot.

Our new pet roadrunner on the rockwall between our house and the people behind us..

DSCF00780.jpg

The property line is from the rockwall in the far left of the picture to where I am standing..

DSCF0079.jpg

The rest of the lot..

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

If they don't build a 2 story house in the vacant lots this will be the view we have from our covered patio...

DSCF0083.jpg

I just can't believe they left the powerlines in place instead of burrying them. Looks like crap because it is in the middle of the intersection which means they will have to put a traffic circle in both intersections :nonono:

This is why I got rid of the Cobra.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Thanks Daryl! :thumbsup: With as busy as I have been with school, work, the family, and now the new house, I don't even know when I have time to sleep. I'd love to make the meeting at Hooters this Saturday but I don't think it's going to happen. I'll definitely be keeping everybody up to date on here with the house, kind of like I did with the car. Just dying to get into the A/C garage :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
whos the builder for your new house? I just bought a new artistic in rr and hoping to build my custom in 2 yrs or so depends on the bussines. But congrats i now how it is to have to give to get :thumbsup:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Builder is Farrell Thurston. Most of the builders around here are into the big dollar houses. This one costs enough thanks... There was an article in the local paper the other day showing the avg house in Cruces went for about $130k back in 2002. In June this year the average house sold was $181k, in July it was already up to $190k. I sure glad this isn't a poor state :rolleyes:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
:thumbsup: Nice lot.

You have a great view, and by the looks of the houses next to you, I'm sure equity will be good-n-plenty in about 6 months. :beer:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Thanks for all the comments guys :thumbsup: Looks like we will be going down on Monday to look over and more than likely sign the contract. We got a call yesterdaying saying she was almost done with it. Then the fun part of picking everything out for inside the house begins. I have some friends at work building a house right now and it seems they are out a few times a week doing that. Now if I could just get my current place sold....

Chris

The Rooster

Banned
Chris_H said:
We picked out the lot we want for our new house and put down our ernest (spelling?) money today. We got a decent sized corner lot considering the subdivision next to us didn't have a lot that would fit the new house :poke: As of right now the house will be roughly 1985 sqft, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 living areas and 2 eating/dining areas, 3 car garage which I insisted be heated and cooled so I can spend more time working on the LX :thumbsup: It will have a 10'x40' covered patio with 4 ceiling fans in the back facing the mountains. We should have the final drawings next week to sign off on and then we'll sign our contract. We are getting pretty excited about it. Just need to sell our current house before we can close on the new one. Here are a couple of pictures we took today of the lot.

Our new pet roadrunner on the rockwall between our house and the people behind us..

DSCF00780.jpg

The property line is from the rockwall in the far left of the picture to where I am standing..

DSCF0079.jpg

The rest of the lot..

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

If they don't build a 2 story house in the vacant lots this will be the view we have from our covered patio...

DSCF0083.jpg

I just can't believe they left the powerlines in place instead of burrying them. Looks like crap because it is in the middle of the intersection which means they will have to put a traffic circle in both intersections :nonono:

This is why I got rid of the Cobra.

What kind of mod is that you did on your intercooler where is says cobra? That look cool as hell! Where can I get it done or find out how to do it?

Users who are viewing this thread