Picked her up this morning from ProTree!!

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Well gang, I picked up my car from Dana @ Protree Performance today. As you may or may not know, I had some issues with my clutch & tranny last season and I brought it up to his shop for a tranny swap along with a few other mods:

1. Installed upgraded rebuilt t56 tranny from D&D Performance
2. Installed FORD GT Pumps
3. Installed FPDM from Zone 5 (MjChip)
4. PPRV Removed
5. Replaced Fuel Filter (was original @ 23K)
6. Installed new meats all around
- Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's (front 275.40.17)
- Mickey Thompson Drag Radials (rear 275.40.17(Excellent pricing))
7. Front & Rear Tire Alignment
8. Installed New SPEC Stage 3+ clutch (DFX is Shit)
9. Installed LDC Cooling Mod
9. Re-surfaced Centerforce Steel Flywheel
10. Re-sealed pumpkin (due to leak)
:pepper:

I must state Dana is an awesome guy as well as being a true professional. CUSTOMER SERVICE is what this business is about, and he strives for excellence every day. I really can not say enough about how pleased I am with my entire experience, he gets a 10 from this kid. I have been to many other shops in the area and I must say no one else treats you better when it comes to getting work done on the car.

Big Thanks goes out to Dana and his crew!!! Please continue to put the customer first and continue to pride yourself in the work you perform. With attributes like those you will always win my business. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

She is not only looking extremely beautiful once again (thanks for the detail), but is once again running "Strong Like Bull"!!!

Thanks again,
David

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
Glad to see you got everything fixed with your trans. Can't wait to see you at the track again, love hearing that ported eaton scream.

69redmach1

Established Member
I'm glad your car was there too, Dave. We compared your wiring harness to a Whippled Cobra that was having spark issues and were able to find the problem, (reversed coil polarity on all coils). I was down a Dana's tuning that car last week, yours looked brand new again with all that detailing and new paint!! You should be able to smoke my 11.54 e.t. with this new setup!! Just make sure you don't snap your shifter handle off now when it actually goes into gear down the track!

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
69redmach1 said:
I'm glad your car was there too, Dave. We compared your wiring harness to a Whippled Cobra that was having spark issues and were able to find the problem, (reversed coil polarity on all coils). I was down a Dana's tuning that car last week, yours looked brand new again with all that detailing and new paint!! You should be able to smoke my 11.54 e.t. with this new setup!! Just make sure you don't snap your shifter handle off now when it actually goes into gear down the track!

Thanks Pete. Still needs a lil love from you (tune) once I break the clutch-in. Yes, Dana a company did a fantastic job on my car!!

11.50 is my goal this season, we will see what happens. Also, I need that 500 mark on the dyno as well... I am counting on you for that. :thumbsup:

Thanks again,
David

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
gtmustang00 said:
i saw yours before/after. looks real good now!

Thanks. It's amazing what a little attention can do for these cars. It really looked sharp in his lot this morning... I think I am going to charge Dana a showing fee for all the customers it brought into his shop. lol :lol:

Thanks
David

ponynx

Established Member
dave,
im glad your happy ! the one thing that stands out with your car is that spec 3 clutch , i think its awsome for a street /strip car. the pedal pressure is good but the clutch is "grabby" without the chatter ! when i change my clutch from oem to aftermarket, that is the clutch im going to use ! as for the whippled cobra im glad i read an article a while back about the first edition gms coils needing to have the polarity reversed..............the car first went to somewhere in mass then up to petes and after a few months total i ended up with it and was able to diagnose the problem within a few days , thank god, lol. the customer is just like you dave, happy !!!!!!!!! enjoy !

Last edited:

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
David, you need to install a Metco 4 lb. lower pulley. Dana and Chris did
mine last year and now I'm getting 463rwhp and 518 rwtq. I had 470 tq
before the lower, now it's 518 tq. The lower pulley was an awesome mod.
Glad you are happy with your Cobra now. Ken

69redmach1

Established Member
Cobra10th Anniv said:
Thanks Pete. Still needs a lil love from you (tune) once I break the clutch-in. Yes, Dana a company did a fantastic job on my car!!

11.50 is my goal this season, we will see what happens. Also, I need that 500 mark on the dyno as well... I am counting on you for that. :thumbsup:

Thanks again,
David

Both shouldn't be a problem, we need to find, what?, .2hp to meet 500? With as many passes you've had and now with a tranny that shifts you should hit 11.5's no problem or lower.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
nice Dave!! glad its back on all 4's and runnin!! whens the first outing?? my car should be up this week!!

ponynx

Established Member
dave , what are your thoughts on the clutch seeing you have been driving it????

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
ponynx said:
dave , what are your thoughts on the clutch seeing you have been driving it????

I love it on the street. It really is 1000x better than the DFX. NO chatter at all while driving on the street.

It's suppose to handle up to 800 lb/ft of torque as well at the track. Can't wait to test it out @ the track. Soon as I break her in, I am heading up to NED.

Thanks
David

Users who are viewing this thread