Pic request: 99-04 Rear seat back

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Does anyone have a picture showing where the rear seatback bolts to on the bottom corners? I sold the stock rear seats out of my 03 cobra and got a donor rear seat out of a 99 GT and reupholstered it with a kit from TMI. The 99 bracket rear seat back has different mounting holes than the 03 did. Everyone I've talked to is stumped. All 99-04 rear seats should be identical. The holes across the top don't line up and the bottom corners brackets vary slightly as well. I can't remember how the 03 seat back was mounted. I found a couple rear seat DIY's but none show the 2 lower 10mm bolts. A picture would help a lot.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
negative. I know the car it came out of. It's out of a buddies car. Actually, you may have seen it, the white sharpie car.

Oh yeah, such a badass car! That is really odd.. because I even have Mach 1 rear seats in my 2001 and there was no problems.

gamebred26

Established Member
I put a gt rear seat in my cobra...no they don't fit...you have to drill out and widen the top holes...and use self tappers on the bottom holes...it will NOT line up...

I had black corbeua a4s and put a black leather gt rear seat in...

sc4.6

Established Member
I installed 04 cobra seats in my 01 GT and the bottom holes didn't line up but it's just a matter of making new holes, takes about 2 minutes to do.

Jefe

Established Member
Went through my pics and I dont. Closest I could find:

99-04-seat-delete-01.jpg

t04-0212ae.jpg

ghovland1

Established Member
Apparently there are 2 different brackets, I have the same issue and I am trying to find the correct brackets. The replacement
seats I bought for my 03 Cobra don't have holes in the floor for the bracket. In my 03 I need the longer bracket tabs with elongated holes that go over the existing studs in the floor for the seat belts. Both sets of seats I have, use the bracket that are shorter and there are no holes in the floor for them. If anybody wants to sell a bracket like this I am interested.

Users who are viewing this thread