Pic of water damage...post up pics of your damage...

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
*EDIT* Information is more specific now....More pics added.....

Last week we had some REALLY cold weather move in......we had temperatures WELL below freezing (low single digits to below 0 degrees) with wind chill temps. in the -10 to -20 degree range for 78 hours straight which is a big deal here. There were LOTS of water pipes around town that froze and broke, including this one at my school where I work. A water pipe froze in the locker room and when it thawed, it formed a new pool in the gym and nearby hallways. The floor is about 3 feet off the ground. Nothing a little sanding won't take care of. :uh oh:
(Friend of mine took this pic)
Gymfloorwarped.jpg

Wholegym-1.jpg

The "dryer/moisture sucker" that is outside. The tubes run into the building and into the gym to take moisture out of the air to help dry the gym floor. Notice my Yukon to the left for size reference.
Dryer.jpg

Outsidetubes.jpg

Doorview.jpg

Post up pics of your damage (water, snow, wind, etc.)

Last edited:

THE_STIG

Established Member
You had temps below freezing for 3 days and thats a big deal in your area?

**** you...It is below freezing for 3 months here.

brucesvt

Established Member

LOL yeah since we dont get much "cold" weather here it was a mad house. we got everything from rolling black outs because the electric company didn't prepare for the weather among water issues. schools closed for 4 days,etc

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
if the swelling last longer than 4 hours you should seek medical attention

:lol:

Holly crap that is crazy, lol I bet that was funny to see.

Never seen anything like it...

ok i go back an looked at it again now short man can dunk lol

:lol::lol:

That's El Paso for you. All sorts of record breaking lows, low-highs.

LOL yeah since we dont get much "cold" weather here it was a mad house. we got everything from rolling black outs because the electric company didn't prepare for the weather among water issues. schools closed for 4 days,etc

Yea, it was fun. My wife and I had those 4 days too since we're both teachers :banana:

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Don't have any pics, so kind of pointless but a ton of peoples roof's around here are caving in due to the heavy snow/ice. Also just about everybody's roofs are atleast leaking somewhat due to the ice build up and melting that goes on during the day while the suns out. Sucks up here in new england

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
Don't have any pics, so kind of pointless but a ton of peoples roof's around here are caving in due to the heavy snow/ice. Also just about everybody's roofs are atleast leaking somewhat due to the ice build up and melting that goes on during the day while the suns out. Sucks up here in new england

Is it from ice damns? I believe that's what they're called....when the ice forms on the edges of the roof, melts, refreezes, etc. Hope your house is ok.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
lol, must have been a shitty building if that happened just because of a little below freezing weather.

Come to Chicago, it was -15 here (not including the windchill) this morning and hasn't been above freezing since mid December!

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
BTW, if you look closely on the edge of the pic, you can see where the door handle is to give you a reference of how much it warped. Also, it's warped like that on both sides of the gym.

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
lol, must have been a shitty building if that happened just because of a little below freezing weather.

Come to Chicago, it was -15 here (not including the windchill) this morning and hasn't been above freezing since mid December!

No, not a shitty building. That kind of cold is very unusual here. Can't compare weather in Chicago to weather in El Paso....two completely different regions. Things in El Paso are built to withstand extreme heat, not extreme cold. I think things will change (at least they should) now in order to prevent things like this.

Last edited:

VtekII

Established Member
id say #0000 steel wool and lemon oil, thats what we use to rub out little imperfections in wood work like that.

lulz

Users who are viewing this thread