Photos of new arrival

MAD IN NC

Established Member
I installed the charge port under the bonnet, at the base of the windshield, passenger side. I still have to lift the bonnet to connect but can disconnet and go without lifting. Took my time with the harness making it as factory style as possible with a fuse, nylon woven wire loom, factory style lugs and a proper stress relief at the charge port bolted down with an existing bolt. I could not find a place outside the bonnet that was any easier to access and not visible or require cutting holes.

JC - Cooltech made a kit for the late 05/ 06 FGT, that hooks up to the battery and routes out front to mount in the grill location by the tow hook - no need to lift bonnet. Just have to drop the front splitter (not remove) to route the cable... Will work with your FGT as you dont have the grill that cam with early 05's

Last edited:

jcthorne

Established Member
JC - Cooltech made a kit for the late 05/ 06 FGT, that hooks up to the battery and routes out front to mount in the grill location by the tow hook - no need to lift bonnet. Just have to drop the front splitter (not remove) to route the cable... Will work with your FGT as you dont have the grill that cam with early 05's

Thanks for the suggestion. I knew about that kit but for me, getting down on my hands and knees to plug in the charger in that location with the front of the car blocked in my garage was much more diffecult than lifting the bonnet. Besides, why buy what I can have the satisfaction of doing well myself. Was a fun day in the garage with the GT. I do hear the Cooltech kit is top notch as are other items I have already purchased from them.

Users who are viewing this thread