photobucket extortion fix

zredfire04

Established Member
implementing something for this site would be great.

that said, not every forum will do anything about it...which is why the extension is very helpful.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have to wonder how long these browser extension workarounds will work. Won't Photobucket likely implement at some point their own "fix" for any of these fee workarounds? I don't see them accepting loss of revenue without a fight. Like it or not, over the years the amount of storage and hotlinking has cost them money for new/larger servers and bandwidth. It was inevitable that they started to charge a fee. We're seeing more and more cloud services doing the same. It sucks, but free usually isn't free forever. It just stings when you lose it. JMO.

Fortunately I have no need for Photobucket. Never had an account, and never will. I'm not really into sharing my photos anyway, so that makes it pretty simple for me. Posting photos here using copy/paste works well for me.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have to wonder how long these browser extension workarounds will work. Won't Photobucket likely implement at some point their own "fix" for any of these fee workarounds? I don't see them accepting loss of revenue without a fight. Like it or not, over the years the amount of storage and hotlinking has cost them money for new/larger servers and bandwidth. It was inevitable that they started to charge a fee. We're seeing more and more cloud services doing the same. It sucks, but free usually isn't free forever. It just stings when you lose it. JMO.

Fortunately I have no need for Photobucket. Never had an account, and never will. I'm not really into sharing my photos anyway, so that makes it pretty simple for me. Posting photos here using copy/paste works well for me.

That's likely what will happen. It'll be a never ending cat and mouse game. A permanent solution is the only real solution. :D

implementing something for this site would be great.

that said, not every forum will do anything about it...which is why the extension is very helpful.

There are other forums?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Sweet!! I just installed the Firefox Fix and it worked! This will be good for looking at OLD threads because I will NEVER use photobucket again. I always directly "upload" pictures to this site now.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That's likely what will happen. It'll be a never ending cat and mouse game. A permanent solution is the only real solution. :D

There are other forums?
In the words of Ted Knight in the movie Caddy Shack "Well, we're waiting."
Lol to the second comment.

Users who are viewing this thread