Photo - Steeda's Prepping for the 2015 Mustang ... Are You?

tj@steeda

Established Member
What kind of modifications would you do?

1422341_596946277039908_334972444_n.jpg

Best Regards,

TJ

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
I'd throw on some kind of blacked-out or carbon fiber ducktail spoiler. :banana:

This.

The new car will go very nicely with modern accents.

S550 has a hint of retro that seems to be a "safe" play for anniversary and transition (as well as to satiate countries like Germany who have pent up demand and a love for the "old" mustang), but it's mostly a sleek, modern car. Future revisions will likely see some sharply forward moving design upgrades.

Can we all move away from the retro stuff, with outdated looking stripe and sticker styles now please?

Let's see third party styles move the car forward now. Not back. Improve the car.

No offense as I love steeda products, but IMHO the company is "doing it wrong" in the top pic. I know the capability is there. Perhaps time for a some new corporate vision. Take a retreat. Get inspired out of the proverbial comfort zone.

Last edited:

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
First of all, I would lose the STEEDA windshield banner. Looks odd in the sleek 6g Mustang design. Second, carbon fibre/black hood extractors vents instead of the factory extractor scoops would be nice. Kinda like the AM Vantage:

Aston_Martin_V12_Vantage_003.jpg

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I'm gonna bolt a Paxton to this new 5.0 , also put a circle d in the paddle shifted auto. I will probably have to put beefier half shafts in the rear diff...and maybe an aero package front defuser, rear wing, and side skirts! Should be good for over 700 hp!

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
Take a page out of some of the euro tuner handbooks..... No decals. Badge it small and minimal. When I see a Q400 car all I can see is the tacky window banner and steeda logoed side stripe. While I'm not saying this because the 2015 mustang is supposed to be this global car; but because it's less redneck mullet sporting appeal. Stick to a subtle redesigned front fascia and or grille. No more cowl hoods. Maybe hoods that add clearance but no cowl hoods. New seat skins with suede. Don't bother with a "stage 1" like roush. It's a waste because anyone with with a socket set and a trip to a shop for an hour or two can have that suspension and bolt-ons; it's for people who just wanna say they have a roush. Make the entry level steeda a badass and give little boys something to dream of. Make The title "steeda mustang" something you think thats above a gt350 or whatever. Example: when I think Hennessy, I think the damn thing is at least supercharged or turbocharged.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
You guys need to make a spoiler for the car that is not a pedestal mount, and more like the molded types back in the fox days. This car will look great with something that flows into the rear quarters but pronounced in the center section, slightly raked and overhangs the trunk panel.

Voltwings

Established Member
^^ i agree, im a huge fan of the pedistal spoilers on the previous Gen, but i feel this car would be sexy with something like that or more of a ducktail style spoiler like the gt500.

Jroc

Established Member
^So y'all want kind of a Foxbody hatch Steeda styled wing?

I vote paint the sideshirts the color of the car, and get rid of stupid looking black wheels. Remember back in the day when people tryed to flant their wheels and sideshirts? I mean these things were suppose to make a vehicle look better, and now it's like people are trying to hide them by blacking them out. They go for this sinister look or something, but it's dirty looking IMO. People are forgetting that silver, chrome, and polished wheels do tend to look good, and are easier to see well without trying to look too hard at a wheel to take in it's design. Also black sideshirts look good on black cars, and that's it. If you're going to blacken them out real dark on say a red car then why even have them.

Also the worst design feature on the new Mustang is the ugly painted panel between the exhaust tip. Either paint the whole shared the same color as the car or or do the tradition black look. that panel does look good all black.

NametoShowOther

Established Member
^So y'all want kind of a Foxbody hatch Steeda styled wing?

I vote paint the sideshirts the color of the car.... Remember back in the day when people tryed to flant their wheels and sideshirts? .

Actually glad that damn flanting stopped, I sold all my sideshirts at the garage sale recently, they were so out of style.

Typhoon

Established Member
I would like to see the possibility of a different front grill. A coilover setup with multiple options for spring rates and dampening adjustment. Maybe a cheaper set of coilovers with no dampening adjustment.
maybe an exhaust from headers all the way back.
how about a few different cam options

Users who are viewing this thread