Photo shoot with new AR wheels

MS KWIK

Established Member
Thanks to "loosenut" on the forum, he hooked me up with the Marketing Mgr. from American Racing wheels, they needed a Cobra to use for a photo shoot this week. My car was lucky enough to get picked, and spent the entire day getting their new prototype 18" Mustang wheels mounted on BFB G-Force tires, and then the car was detailed and waxed and taken to an indoor photo studio. I've attached a couple Polaroid photos that were taken to get the lighting effects right (the car was too shiny after the wax job, lol) and I'll have the rest of the photos in a couple of weeks. The photos will be used in their 2004 catalog and in magazine advertisements. You can't really see the wheels that well in these pics, but they look pretty awesome on the car! I can't wait to see the final shots.

CobraARshoot.jpg

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
No digital cam? BAD OWNER BAD OWNER!!! :)

From what I can make out, they look beautiful. Any idea when they are going to release the professional pics and rims?

MS KWIK

Established Member
Haha Mike, now I feel like an idiot :rolleyes: I never thought to bring my digital camera with me, lol. The photo shoot took forever, I had to get back to work and leave the car with them, then headed back down there after work to pick up the car. We weren't through until 11pm, it was hell getting the correct lighting on the car.

Not sure on the release date of the pics and rims. I know they had a slight problem with the wheel not fitting (had to use a spacer) so they will make the correct adjustments before the final release. I guess they will be sold through their dealers. I'm hoping to get a set myself :) They look a lot better than my AFS chromies, to be honest.

Oh, I forgot to mention the sizes will be 17x9, 18x9 and 18x10, and a Cobra center cap will be available.

Last edited:

MS KWIK

Established Member
I'm actually going back next Monday or Tuesday for another photo shoot, they want me to do a burn out, LOL :burnout: Using THEIR tires, of course! I will bring my camera and definitely get some close-up shots, they really look awesome on my car, gives it a real aggressive appearance.

UBNSTRK

SVT GOD
Established Member
Definatley get back to all of us concerning the close up shots of the wheels! Car looks awesome! Do you get to keep the wheels????

Zach

MS KWIK

Established Member
Torqthrust, they used "American Racing Authentic Hot Rod Wax" :p The car really looks nice!

I volunteered to drive the car around to various events in So Cal to show the wheels off in exchange for the wheels and tires. We're going to work something out :) Woohoo!

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Wow, that sounds like a deal, but the question remains, Did you get to keep the wheels?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by MS KWIK
Torqthrust, they used "American Racing Authentic Hot Rod Wax" :p The car really looks nice!

I volunteered to drive the car around to various events in So Cal to show the wheels off in exchange for the wheels and tires. We're going to work something out :) Woohoo!

:thumbsup:

Guess them AFS is going into the market ;-)

MS KWIK

Established Member
LOL, yep, he did say I would get a set to keep :thumbsup: I could have the ones now but I'd have to run a spacer. I'd rather wait until the final version has been released. I might just keep my AFS wheels, I don't know. They are brand new, tires have maybe 50 miles on them, if that. They still have the little nipples on them, lol.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:eek: 50miles only :nonono: Knee is still killen ya :(

Yeah id wait if the final Version if its not going to require spaces :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread