Petition to repeal the 25 year import law

SVTCobra1993

Established Member
We've been deprived of some of the world's most interesting cars because they haven't been sold new in America and our import legislation is archaic and mindless. It's time to change this.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...er-grey-market-cars-and-light-trucks/KFydJwv9

If this petition gets 100,000 signatures by September 14, the DoT will be forced to revise the dumb 25 year old rule. This is the time to put democracy to work. Spread the message to other forums, Facebook, etc..

VictorySong

Established Member
We've been deprived of some of the world's most interesting cars because they haven't been sold new in America and our import legislation is archaic and mindless. It's time to change this.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...er-grey-market-cars-and-light-trucks/KFydJwv9

If this petition gets 100,000 signatures by September 14, the DoT will be forced to revise the dumb 25 year old rule. This is the time to put democracy to work. Spread the message to other forums, Facebook, etc..

red-foreman.jpg

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
^^^ I signed it because I'd like to see the law updated myself, but I have no illusions about that actually happening. The whitehouse.gov petitions just have to be "responded" to if they reach the applicable amount of signature. There's nothing saying they'll actually change anything.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Lol @ Dot being forced to do anything because 100,000 people sign a petition.

If EVERY American signed a petition to abolish fed income tax, nothing would happen.

dbmach12004

SuperStar
Established Member
Signed....Would be nice to see the restrictions changed but this is the government where talking about, not going to hold my breath

svtaddict

Established Member
they would just pass another law saying that the cars would have to meet some ridiculous standards. As long as it keeps them looking busy the politicians don't care about making meaningful changes. or at least that's the impression that i get.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
With all the crap going wrong in this country, you want us to sign a petition to enable people to import previously unavailable cars??? No wonder this country is going to hell. I'm all for Skylines here, but there are much more important matters to focus on right now...

usaf_eagle

Established Member
Lol @ Dot being forced to do anything because 100,000 people sign a petition.

If EVERY American signed a petition to abolish fed income tax, nothing would happen.

Well I disagree. First off, the petition has to be realistic. Abolishing federal taxes is not even in the same ballpark as the import law. And second, the petition to reinstate military tuition assistance was directly related to the signing of a White House petition. If you don't think some of these politicians worry about their reelection by turning down what the public wants, you're crazy. If you give up on democracy, democracy will give up on you.

Users who are viewing this thread