Peterson Catch Can & Retune??

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I have the Peterson Catch Can setup on my car

1416945795_zps94e85464.jpg

Does this Catch can setup require a retune? I'm already tuned for all mods but I just put this on my car and was wondering.

Thanks!

_Snake_

Established Member
No tune needed, and nice set up. That's my next mod - mind if I ask where you picked it how much? You can PM me if you prefer....

Thanks

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I'm only asking because a friend of mine has this same setup and his tuner said his car could run lean so my friend had it re-remote tuned with the tuner again. Was just checking the validity of this.

hand-filer

Established Member
I think that applies to systems that vent to atmosphere and only at part throttle loads. Is your system is open?

I'm only asking because a friend of mine has this same setup and his tuner said his car could run lean so my friend had it re-remote tuned with the tuner again. Was just checking the validity of this.

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
My Boss was dyno tuned by Power by the Hour. I asked about the need for a new tune with this exact can and was told no update was needed.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I think it functions as a separator and also vents to atmosphere. I see mist coming out of the can when the car warms up.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
No tune needed, and nice set up. That's my next mod - mind if I ask where you picked it how much? You can PM me if you prefer....

Thanks

Thanks Snake for the input.

I've BEEN watching the forums or quite some time for one of these setups because they are quite expensive to put together brand new. I found a very lightly used one in this forum and snagged it and had it PowderCoated black.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I really like that oil sep setup, but it's a bit extreme for street cars. Still, can't argue with good looks, street cred, and overkill.

shoracer

Established Member
Ummh. I didn't make any extra. Not that hard to Fab up. I used a drill, grinder and a crack in the concrete for the 90 degree bend.

Users who are viewing this thread