personal opinions

jcveron

Established Member
this topic im sure has been posted several times, but i could not find this question that im going to ask. i am about to pull the trigger on a new build. this is what i was going to do:

built shortblock
stage 3 cams
KB 2.8LC
e85 conversion
small shot of spray
(800-850 rwhp)

now after seeing vettklr's car i am very much considering doing what he did:

built 5.4 navi block
twins
(1000+ hp really hoping for 1100)

now my question is for those who have had BOTH a 700+ twinscrew cobra and either a huge single or twin turbo setup. if you had to do it over again, money not an issue would you PREFER a 1000+ turbo cobra or a 750-800 Twinscrew cobra? I am not sure if I can deal with the lag of a turbo cobra. I really like the neck snapping instant power of a twinscrew but id love nothing more to skull drag busas.

please give me some of what your personal opinions and experiences are. thanks guys :beer:

Willy Mo

Beat EM' With A Stick
Established Member
i havent built a turbo car. But if money wasnt an issue I would go with the built 5.4 with twins. Thats if you want the baddest machine. But I still love my kenne bell.

prostkr

Established Member
Turbo car with a good boost controller (boost by gear) is easier to hook up on the street. The big twin screw cars can be hard to get to hooked up. My friends twin turbo vette would run side by side with the big bikes from a roll. He was running around 900hp and was able to be easy on the car.

firedog90

Established Member
Like others have said. It depends on what you are wanting to do with it. I had a KB 2.8 mammoth. It certainly was fun driving it with the instant power from the twin screw. I took a ride in my a friend's turbo'd 2 valve and I was hooked. I got rid of it for a twin 61mm setup though. I'll post how it is when it is done. The one thing I didn't like with driving the twin screw setup was it would get so darn hot. I think it would have been good for track only but not driving on the street as much as I do. KB came out with the liquid cooled setup after I got rid of mine. I'd say for a badass machine I'd do a 5.4 with twins or an 88. That would be awesome. I'd like to do that setup in my fox.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread