Performance package woth it

FastPhil7

Established Member
SHO performance option

Yes, I am fairly certain Torie has the standard gearing. Remember, the + package does not only include the summer tires/20" wheels and lower FD. It also has susp changes, remapped steering, and the ability to disable stability control.

I do not believe the Performance option package does anything at all to the suspension, same shocks, same springs, same sway bars etc. only the brake pads as you mentioned along with the remapped steering. The major change is the gearing, I also had a tough time making the decision on performance vs luxury option items, but in the end went with the perf. package, figure I can add the backup camera later...

Phil

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I do not believe the Performance option package does anything at all to the suspension, same shocks, same springs, same sway bars etc. only the brake pads as you mentioned along with the remapped steering. The major change is the gearing, I also had a tough time making the decision on performance vs luxury option items, but in the end went with the perf. package, figure I can add the backup camera later...

Phil

from my esource book

SHO Performance Package includes a shorter 3.16:1 final drive ratio, AdvanceTrac® with Sport Mode and OFF settings, high-performance front brake pads and 20" aluminum wheels with performance summer-only tire compound.

bpmurr

Established Member
The GT is in the middle of the Mustang performance range, not the top dog like the SHO. The SHO should be like the GT500. All the performance upgrades are part of the SHO package and the amenities are extra options.

Maybe Ford didn't want to scare people away if the base price tag was touching $40k?

Next year the GT500 will have a "performance package" as well. No joke!

typhoon5000

Established Member
Quoted from the engineer that tuned the SHO's suspension (Chrissy Rodriguez)"

The step up from the SHO to the SHO with the Performance Pack tightens everything even further (more chilies), including another 20-percent on the dampers (those would be struts and shock absorbers to non-engineers), then 9-percent stiffer rear springs, and a thicker rear anti-roll bar. These changes make the most performance-oriented SHO a more neutral handling car that drivers should find exceptionally agile and immediately responsive.

And I've also driven both SHO PP and non-PP back to back. I wrote a rather lengthy post about it on the SHO forum [ame="http://www.shoforum.com/showthread.php?t=103062"]here[/ame].

In short I found the PP suspension to be too stiff, at least for Detroit roads, and not much difference in accel feel from the 3.14 gear. I think I would want the ACC too much over the PP (can't get both) anyways since I do a lot of long road trips.

Users who are viewing this thread