Performance package woth it

tms217

Established Member
Performance package woth it??

Ok, I'm looking at the SHO this weekend and it has the Performance package. Question is, Is this really worth not getting some of the oter options? When you get the Performance package you cant get the rear shade, rear heated seats, Blind spot info, ETC. So again, how much does the Performance package wake up the SHO?

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i would not buy one without it. the luxery items are stuff that i dont need so yes for me its worth it.

the question you should ask, could i create similar performance with aftermarket products if i choose to skip it? mainly this would be suspension and final drive ratio. and what would it cost in the aftermarket.

remember its a big car, and the remarks i have seen about this car without the performance pack(media articles) keep reminding me of this fact. in other words without the pack, they have not seen the sho as a sporty car.

if you go without, i would suggest sport tuned adjustable coilovers on all four corners and a 3.89/3.90 final drive ratio!

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I still don't understand how the SHO option doesn't come with the performace option:dw::shrug:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I still don't understand how the SHO option doesn't come with the performace option:dw::shrug:

the sho is a completely different engine, it's 365 horse vs the standard 263hp

the "performance pack" is similar to the track pack in the gt, upgraded axles and revised suspension

imo, you have to get the pack for the cost, 995 for the gear options alone is worth it imo, i can only imagine what cost changes for an awd system will be

the biggest thing i wanted was the adjustable pedals and back up camera, but oh well :)

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
thats the point. for a super high output engine you would think that the simple performance advantage of gears and susp would standard on the sho package.

why? a mustang gt gives you 3 gear options? only the smaller gear is the standard, the 3.55 and 3.73 both are upgrade options, but it's still a high performance car

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
thats the point. for a super high output engine you would think that the simple performance advantage of gears and susp would standard on the sho package.

My two guesses would be that Ford knows people will pay more for that option, and that not everyone wants the stiffer suspension and higher rpms.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ok, I'm looking at the SHO this weekend and it has the Performance package. Question is, Is this really worth not getting some of the oter options? When you get the Performance package you cant get the rear shade, rear heated seats, Blind spot info, ETC. So again, how much does the Performance package wake up the SHO?

It all comes down to what you'd rather have, more performance or more luxury. :beer:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
why? a mustang gt gives you 3 gear options? only the smaller gear is the standard, the 3.55 and 3.73 both are upgrade options, but it's still a high performance car

The GT is in the middle of the Mustang performance range, not the top dog like the SHO. The SHO should be like the GT500. All the performance upgrades are part of the SHO package and the amenities are extra options.

Maybe Ford didn't want to scare people away if the base price tag was touching $40k?

Last edited:

SHOspazz92

Established Member
I have driven Both the Performance Package SHO and the those without it. The supposed Brake upgrade is laughable. It just has different Pads. The Gearing on the other hand really wakes it up. The suspension "enhancements" were noticeable, So I guess thats a Plus.

The only option I care about is the NAV/Stereo system as it was REALLY nice. So, PP Pack with the NAV is what I would order. F-T-W.

FWIW, I drove 7 Different SHO's for a week in July For a Ford Media Event, Shuttling cars around for the Media drivers. All of them were Nice, The gearing in the PP cars however woke the car up a little more and in my opinion is worth it. :rockon:

-Sam

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The GT is in the middle of the Mustang performance range, not the top dog like the SHO. The SHO should be like the GT500. All the performance upgrades are part of the SHO package and the amenities are extra options.

Maybe Ford didn't want to scare people away if the base price tag was touching $40k?

base price is 38k anyway and the pp is only a $995 option

tms217

Established Member
I have driven Both the Performance Package SHO and the those without it. The supposed Brake upgrade is laughable. It just has different Pads. The Gearing on the other hand really wakes it up. The suspension "enhancements" were noticeable, So I guess thats a Plus.

The only option I care about is the NAV/Stereo system as it was REALLY nice. So, PP Pack with the NAV is what I would order. F-T-W.

FWIW, I drove 7 Different SHO's for a week in July For a Ford Media Event, Shuttling cars around for the Media drivers. All of them were Nice, The gearing in the PP cars however woke the car up a little more and in my opinion is worth it. :rockon:

-Sam

Great post. This is exactly what I was looking for. I dorve a SHO with the PP yesterday and its pretty nice. Not quite as quick as the G37 and lacks the brakes. I was amazed the quality of interior. Well thought out (other than the shifter paddles) and quality of materials used. I really believe this is one of the nicest and most comfortable interiors I had been in for some time. I just put the SHO on the top of my list for my next buy.

tms217

Established Member
Ok, I have now driven both Perf pack and Tech pack.. I really didnt notice a huge difference between the cars. Looking at the two people that are running these, beefcake has the performance and I think i'm right saying torrie does not. Can anyone verify this?? They both run similar times..

SHOspeedProject

Established Member
Yes, I am fairly certain Torie has the standard gearing. Remember, the + package does not only include the summer tires/20" wheels and lower FD. It also has susp changes, remapped steering, and the ability to disable stability control.

tms217

Established Member
I do understand that there are other changes, but the 20" wheel are an option that can go on any. And I hope that with PRP that I have, the other stuff can easily be worked around.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ok, I have now driven both Perf pack and Tech pack.. I really didnt notice a huge difference between the cars. Looking at the two people that are running these, beefcake has the performance and I think i'm right saying torrie does not. Can anyone verify this?? They both run similar times..

they are / were running similar times.

torries car ran a 13.17 @ 106 with a 2.04 60' i believe, the tune he sent me i ran a 13.13 @ 104 with a 1.88 60', i'm pretty sure he had a more aggressive tune on his car for testing purposes, being it's an automatic, obviously driver isn't as much of a factor,

the gearing is obviously helping 60' ft times

Users who are viewing this thread