Peoria, Illinois RacePark....

JParm93

Established Member
I am also re-posting this in here because it benefits our area most.

If you have not heard by now there is a proposed motorsport complex to be built in the Peoria area. At the local meeting of the SVTOA (Heart of Illinois Chapter) the guys putting all of this effort into giving us a place to safely enjoy our vehicles came and gave us the inside scoop. There will be a 1/4 mile drag strip, a road course, and a paved oval track all of which will be state-of-the-art. But, there is one catch. A few people who live in the small town that this complex will located (Brimfield) have been opposing its' development. The next few weeks are crucial to this becoming a reality, this Thursday the matter goes before the Peoria County Board of Appeals so they can make their decision. And then sometime in June the Peoria County board makes the final decision if the complex can be built or not. Here is the link to the I-74 Raceway site:

http://www.i-74raceway.com/

Be sure to check out the link to the Peoria County website. If anyone is interested I have a list of all of the board members names and addresses so you can write letters to them in favor of this. It would be nice if people from further away than Peoria would send them letters saying how interested they would be in coming to the race park and supporting the local economy.

BeefySVTF

Established Member
Dude, I live in Brimfield and I am ALL FOR IT! There are so many reasons why it should go in other than the fact that its a 1/4 strip in central IL. BTW it is actually located a few miles outside of town. Not that it really matters...

Users who are viewing this thread