people's input on the 2.3 TVS VMP for 03-04 cobra

poormans_camaro

Established Member
Basically ive been reading about all sorts of blowers and vmp seems to be one of the beast bang for your buck as far as going 2.3l , ive read about a few people having great results but never specifing whats done to their cars or even what fuel there running. anyone would like to share their experince with the blower and set up to help me make my decision by next month!:beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Oh man you should go and hit up the terminator section and search.. I hate to say it but there are 100's of threads on this.. They are great blowers and make great power!! :beer:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Basically ive been reading about all sorts of blowers and vmp seems to be one of the beast bang for your buck as far as going 2.3l , ive read about a few people having great results but never specifing whats done to their cars or even what fuel there running. anyone would like to share their experince with the blower and set up to help me make my decision by next month!:beer:

What would you like to know?
My car was used as the test mule for the development of the VMP TVS.

poormans_camaro

Established Member
what are temps like with the blower since its simular design to the m112?

about how much of a beating does it take before getting heat soaked?

What kind of power were you putting down with like cai , long tubes, and tune, on pump gas ?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
what are temps like with the blower since its simular design to the m112?

about how much of a beating does it take before getting heat soaked?

What kind of power were you putting down with like cai , long tubes, and tune, on pump gas ?

Hello Jorge,
The Eaton Twin Vertices Series(TVS) rotor back is completey different from the M112 rotor pack.
The TVS has a 4 lobe 160 high helix. It is the latest technology if positive displacement rotor pack design.
TVS Roots-Type Superchargers

The VMP TVS 2.3 runs much cooler than the stock M112 and it takes less power to drive. It has 76% thermal efficiency.

I don't know how to quantify "beating" but I have autocrossed, road raced and lately primarily drag race and haven't had the PCM pull timing due to high IAT2s. It is definitly a good idea to improve upon the IC and engine cooling if you decide to run the car hard.

I made 657/621 at 20lbs 17* with LTs on 93.
I currently make 733/682 at 21.5lbs at 20* on E85 on a stock motor.
As mentioned by 98 Saleen Cobra there are a lot of VMP TS owners on this site and many threads you can reference.
If you have any more questions please let me know.
Rick

poormans_camaro

Established Member
Thanks rick,

some very impressive numbers , i beleive i will go with the vmp blower come next month, i am looking for 600+rwhp in my set up by march for tx2k14,

currently have Kooks lt's x-pipe with highflow cats, cai, and a custom tune from a local shop here in houston. so seems pretty realistic with that blower. especially if i go on e85

what fuel setup do you run and or reccomend?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks rick,

some very impressive numbers , i beleive i will go with the vmp blower come next month, i am looking for 600+rwhp in my set up by march for tx2k14,

currently have Kooks lt's x-pipe with highflow cats, cai, and a custom tune from a local shop here in houston. so seems pretty realistic with that blower. especially if i go on e85

what fuel setup do you run and or reccomend?

Thank you for the compliment!
If you are going E85 I would suggest going to a return system.
I run the Walbro 465s and have plenty of fuel for future growth and they are E85 compatable.
Depending on how much boost you want to run 600 will easily be eclipsed with the VMP TVS.

Here is the link for the TVS.
Supercharger Upgrades: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts
You can get a complete turn key package to meet your goals.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Rick

Ontariomystic

Established Member
I don't know how to quantify "beating" but I have autocrossed, road raced and lately primarily drag race and haven't had the PCM pull timing due to high IAT2s.

Are you saying that the IAT2s never get above 100 fahrenheit? That is the point that the Cobras start to pull timing unless your tune has raised that number which is what most tuners do. If not that is very impressive.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Are you saying that the IAT2s never get above 100 fahrenheit? That is the point that the Cobras start to pull timing unless your tune has raised that number which is what most tuners do. If not that is very impressive.

My PCM is set to pull timing at 150.
Fords setting is ultra safe. Unnecessarily so.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Edit.

Mid 700rwhp safe on a 03/04 motor with just E85?

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
before the tvs blower and then after

I have been running 3 VMP TVS since 2008. Two were prototype models and the final is a production model. These dyno sheets are all from the production model.
Prior to that it was a sprayed ported Eaton.
I will post up several dyno sheets. If you need additional info let me know.

Race gas numbers comparing the BBK Twin 65 and GT500 TBs at 20lbs
RickTBcompares_zpsea3b3a60.jpg

E85 at 21.5lbs
page0001-1.jpg

Pump gas 93 comparing the BBK twin 65 and Dragon TB
vmptvs32bbkvsdragon93.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread