People in Michigan

SCalla1384

Established Member
Hey guys, kind of random. I live in Massachusetts now. I'm debating on taking a job offer in Detroit later in the summer. I really want to go somewhere more affordable, I want to buy a house but out here prices are insane. Looking at something like $350K for a mid sized house with a garage. Atleast 350k.

Anyways, the job will be in Detroit. What are some nice surrounding towns around detroit. Not to long of a commute. I guess less then an hour ideally. I was looking around Saint Claire shore, seems like a nice area, and houses aren't to expensive.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

POPPAJ

Established Member
I lived in the shores 30 years ago. Look a little farther north, Shelby Twp., Rochester, Washington Twp., or others. It will be worth the extra drive. It's not how far the drive is, but what you have when you get there.

Det_riot

Established Member
I lived in the shores 30 years ago. Look a little farther north, Shelby Twp., Rochester, Washington Twp., or others. It will be worth the extra drive. It's not how far the drive is, but what you have when you get there.
Yupp north or west will be the best areas. West being Farmington hills, Plymouth, northville, novi. Even parts of macomb/Shelby township north of m59 are real nice and you just hop on i-94. Birmingham, Bloomfield, royal oak aren't bad areas either.

mustangteacher

NW Livonia / Farmington

I live around 8 mile and 275. Close to lots of shopping and major freeways. Pretty happy with the area the 5 years we've lived here.

MT

CobraVert01

Established Member
Saint clair shores isn't bad, I live there matter of fact.. But the north side is deff nicer and of course if you could find a house on the water that's always awesome too

Mr.Window

Woodward ave Hellcat killer
Established Member
Property in Oakland county will always be on the rise. Woodward is also a good time on friday night.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I sold my house in Royal oak in one hour lol first people thet looked at it bought it! I kick myself for selling/moving.
But Shelby/Utica Rochester have great schools.

Users who are viewing this thread