• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Pennzoil Ultra platinum pure plus

Discussion in 'The Greasy Spoon' started by Z25OH, May 27, 2014.

1. Z25OH

Z25OH WINGING IT Established Member

Anyone have exp yet with this oil? how it compares to amsoil SS?

any input would be appreciated

thanks

2. SDBs13GT500

SDBs13GT500 New Member Established Member

What I have been able to research is it is mineral base oil (converted from Natural Gas that is 99.5% pure), so says Pennzoil. It has similar NOACK as AMSOIL but in comparison to AMSOIL SS it does not have the extended drain interval for oil changes. Based on the Pennzoil data sheets oil interval changes are based on Manufacturer Recommendations. Cost wise it is cheaper in comparison to retail prices of AMSOIL SS.

If you become a preferred customer of AMSOIL ($20/year) Signature Series oil is over $2 cheaper a quart than this Penzoil. Preferred Customer allows you to buy AMSOIL Products at wholesale prices, approximately 25% below retail prices.

Becoming a Preferred Customer: http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/buy-wholesale/?subcategory=50&zo=5251070

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  3. Z25OH

Z25OH WINGING IT Established Member

i know SS has a solid rep, doesnt burn, great UOA's, quiets downs engines, abuse....

Ive just heard allot about natural gas thing thats supposed to rival group 4 base stocks? idk thanks for the info!

4. AutoXRacer

AutoXRacer New Member Established Member

I've posted on a couple of forums with no feedback on this oil. I am interested in trying this oil, but would like to hear from folks that have used it.

5. 5.0Flareside

5.0Flareside New Member Established Member

the old Penn Ultra had NOACK rivaling SS. the newest pure plus formula is hovering around 10% NOACK.

6. UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast Engine Lubrication Guru Established Member

GTL base oils are too thin (not viscous enough) for use in your engine. Therefore, other types of base oils have to be blended with it to achieve the desired viscosity range. Pennzoil must be using cheaper base oil to blend with, because NOACK sucks again. Not even close to Amsoil.

7. RonShipman

RonShipman Banned

• Suitable for use in all Ford, Honda, Chrysler and Toyota 5W-20 applications
    • Guaranteed to meet performance requirements

8. xtreme_exploder

xtreme_exploder Member Established Member

I've run the Pennzoil in my car for years, even lost oil pressure under full throttle once, only damaged a few rod bearings (didn't spin though, thankfully). Cleaned the journals and threw new bearings in, been running strong for over a year now at over 600rwhp.