Pennzoil Synchromesh...glad I changed from stock to this!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Guys,
Just wanted to share with you that when I did my clutch swap a few thousand miles back I was on the fence about my Tranny fluid.
I almost went with the Stock Mercon and even thought about Redline. After some research, thanks to SVTperformance, I decided to go with
Pennzoil Synchromesh. The tranny is so much smoother when I'm rowing gears. Can't wait for summertime at the track:rockon:
Good stuff. BTW, I picked it up at Advance Auto Parts...

stangaholic280

Established Member
I'm planning to get some this weekend and change it out...shortly followed by throwing on an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster. It shifts decently with stock stuff still...but high RPMs are a pain...I have lost a few street races strictly due to missing 3rd or even 4th. :cuss:

Glad to here the stuff works great! Can't wait to be shifting like i have butter in there lol! :banana:

AKcobra

Established Member
New MGW came today via UPS! Yes I kissed the delivery driver. I am changing my fluid out this weekend when I do the install, gonna give the pennzoil a shot after doing some reading about it on here! Still ice on the roads here in AK so Ill have to wait to drive until roads clear, dammit it all!

Jefe

Established Member
All this time with the KB and we still only have 1 dyno video? Im disappointed :) Did you really make 559/488? TQ seems kinda low

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
All this time with the KB and we still only have 1 dyno video? Im disappointed :) Did you really make 559/488? TQ seems kinda low

Yep...lol
I sure did, it was pretty hot down here in the late summer last year...
The dyno I went to is notorious for spitting out lower #s, but it's a safe tune and pulls like a MOFO

bmxer89

Established Member
Just did the same when i put my new clutch in last week, trans shift much better. This stuff is much better then the atf

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
Just came inside from garage, Changed to Penzoil syncromesh, Im a believer now, Feels so much better, I will never go back to ATF.

Users who are viewing this thread