Pedal Stuck Under Carpet...PLEASE READ!!!

MYSTCHRM

Established Member
Thanks for posting the photo. I brought my car in when the recall was announced and received the plate but never installed it. Instead I had the carpet replaced before the recall was announced and never had the issue. I wondered if they used existing bolts or drilled into the floor pan to install. Thanks for sharing that photo as I now understand how to install it myself.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
It looks like it just uses the stock pedal mount bolts cause it looks like they removed the gas pedal mount, put this under the pedal mount and then bolted it all back down . It actually attaches up higher than you see.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
Glad I found this. My pedal got stuck getting on the highway this morning. Scared the living shit out of me needless to say. Calling Ford tomorrow. Surprised this hasn't been done yet on my 03

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Just came across this thread. Scary stuff. I'll be fixings carpet before she comes outta hibernation. Thanks for the info :)

Mbiro594

Established Member
hate to bump such an old thread but didn't want to post a new one, I just found out about this recall. Will ford still fix this for free on my car, just bought it a month ago.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
hate to bump such an old thread but didn't want to post a new one, I just found out about this recall. Will ford still fix this for free on my car, just bought it a month ago.

As long as your car has not gotten the recall done yes they will do it for free

Users who are viewing this thread