• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Pcv setup on 01 cobra ?

Discussion in 'New Edge Cobras' started by 01slobruh, Aug 15, 2019.

1. 01slobruh

01slobruh New Member Established Member

Hi I'm about to get my car running again and had a question about what to do about the pcv setup. I have a procharged 01 cobra, with a built 04 shortblock and 03 heads. Reused my manifold.

Do I use the 03 04 pcv or can I use the 01? Or should I just run breathers on both? And does anyone have pics of their egr delete ? I've done it on my lightning but am not sure what to delete and cap on the cobra. I've searched on the egr delete but most of it applies to 03 04s.

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. slo984now

slo984now AKA 01yellerCobra Established Member

If you can get away with the breathers that would be your best bet. I ran breathers, but got tired of breathing oil fumes. I ended up with a modified PCV set up. I was running non Cobra valve covers so the passenger side breather was by the firewall. I was able to run a hose from there to a T behind the driver side which connected to a catch can. I put a check valve between the intake and catch can to keep it from getting pressurized. That ended up working best for me.

Off the top of my head you pull the DPFE on the back of the intake and the EGR valve on the side. The two vacuum lines going to the EGR pipe will come with the DPFE. I tucked the electrical plug into the harness so it wasn't seen. I cut and capped the vacuum line going to the EGR valve so I could hide it in the loom. IIRC I used a 5/8" brass plumbing cap to cap off the opening on the exhaust manifold.

01slobruh likes this.
  3. DSG2003Mach1

DSG2003Mach1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

i run a catch can on driver side (jlt inline deal) and a one way check valve between the catch can and intake manifold.

Pass side Ive got a pre-filter in the valve cover and line going to the nipple on the power pipe. It does NOT keep all the out of the pass side but it does help

01slobruh likes this.
  4. 01slobruh

Thank you guys gonna run breathers until I get fed up with the smell/mess lol.

5. slo984now

slo984now AKA 01yellerCobra Established Member

You might be ok. I know my issue was the ring set up I was running. Will you have to deal with smog over there?

01slobruh likes this.
  6. 01slobruh

No we don't have smog checks here. Just yearly safety checks.

Does this look right? Capped the vacuum line in the plenum and put a screw where the green vacuum line used to be. I turned the egr off in the sct. Am I missing anything else guys? Thanks for the help again.

Attached Files: