-PCV Hose elbow leak?

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
So I've been dealing with a 0171 for a week+ now, already checked the MAF, plugs, new fuel filter, put a new EGR and DPFE on it too

Been thinking it's vacuum issues as the code ONLY comes on at idle
Also, during a cold start up, the code doesn't come on, but it's clear it's having a hard time idling and asking for more fuel

Anyway, I pull that elbow off the back of the supercharger (the one that runs to the PCV checkvalve on driver crankcase) and it's got a small crack in it. I'm suspecting that could be the issue

However, it that truly a vacuum section? I believe it's part of the pollution control valve and not positive crankcase vacuum?

Thoughts? I'm needing help and pulling what little hair I have left trying to get this fixed...

Soap

Established Member
Yes that is vacuum......it's the same air as the intake pipe between filter and throttle body (where the passenger side valve cover connects to).

--Joe

hotcobra03

Established Member
hose goes to lower intake on the bottom.

it is the biggest issue of po171/174 on this car

highly suggest pulling intake off replace hose and use a clamp on bottom which ford didnt do.

while its off. clean intercooler.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
hose goes to lower intake on the bottom.

it is the biggest issue of po171/174 on this car

highly suggest pulling intake off replace hose and use a clamp on bottom which ford didnt do.

while its off. clean intercooler.
I really wish I put a clamp on that bottom hose when I swapped blowers...

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread