PC performance monitoring software ?????

topless_sn8k

Established Member
Hey all, does anyone know of any places to get pc performance monitoring software (free) ie. cpu usage, ram usage, temps, fan speeds,etc.:shrug:

JasonSnake

Established Member
Is your PC custom built? Most motherboards come with monitoring software on a CD. Asus, for example, comes with it.

JasonSnake

Established Member
oh by the way, you can also go to Start > Control Panel > Admin Tools > Performance. It will give you stats on cpu, memory, disk usage

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Which OS are you using Vista or XP? There are some Sidebar gadgets in Vista that you can download that give you real time performance monitoring.

DEVIL

Established Member
If it's an older pc, motherboard monitor. If it's an nvidia mobo, they have their own, available at nvidia. You can also download powertoys from Microsoft. Good luck

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
remember that depending on how old your motherboard is some of the sensors may not be there. so you may or may not get all the readings you want.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
For a quick and dirty performance utility:
If you're using Windows, press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC simultaneously.
This will bring up the task manager.

topless_sn8k

Established Member
I'm running XP pro on Gateway M675 Laptop it's around 5 years old and still kicking. I know about all the built in tools. I just wanted something that could seat on the desk top. I'll look around...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread