PBD GT500 vs 756LT

speeddemon2000

Established Member
The weight has gotten out of control on the GT500s. I thought ford was going to do an aluminum body on the mustang. Whatever happened to that? They have to figure out something with the weight. The GT500 in the video has nearly double the HP of the of the McLaren and can just barely edge it out. I am sure aerodynamics plays a big role between the two cars too.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
The weight has gotten out of control on the GT500s. I thought ford was going to do an aluminum body on the mustang. Whatever happened to that? They have to figure out something with the weight. The GT500 in the video has nearly double the HP of the of the McLaren and can just barely edge it out. I am sure aerodynamics plays a big role between the two cars too.
How do you figure double? There's another thread on this section that puts this 765 (supposedly) @ 770 RWHP...So 1100 vs 770...do the math, not double...Go Ford!!!

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I heard 1100 rwhp in the video. That puts it at around 1350 crank HP. The McLaren is 765 to the crank. Not quite double but close to it.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Also Curious to see how Youtube channel StangMODE GT500 runs. He just rebuilt his engine and re did a bunch of things.

csc427

Established Member
Really hate this analogy...In this case we should all be driving junk yard fox bodies with giant Turbos
Couldn’t agree more. It’s probably the one analogy that drives me most crazy. Lol. Neither of these owners bought their cars with the intent on running the fastest times with little invested.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Amazing results for the GT500! $350K vs. < $100K.

No matter how you cut it, this is an overall win for the 765. The GT500 is fast and faster if they run it out longer, but it took a whole lot extra just to be able to hang or slightly edge out a nearly stock 765.

Users who are viewing this thread