Paying off debt

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Lol. No one ever got rich by earning frequent flyer miles or points.
Why willingly ignore the benefits of it though? I don't carry a balance, so I don't pay extra.

In the last 4-5 years or so, my points have paid for probably 10 hotel rooms, a mac book air, and at least 6 plane tickets.

I've got enough points for about $1000 cash back right now. Not to mention all the additional coverage offered by the CC on rental cars, hotel upgrades, death benefits, card fees waived out of country, etc.

The stuff I buy, I buy. Doesn't matter if it's cash or debit or credit.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol.

Is it the cheeseburgers fault that people are fat?

You guys are literally arguing FOR the “guns kill people” argument.

Can’t believe you are shaming a tangible object like a CC when in reality is dumbasses that can’t control their spending.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

This.

Me and my wife put our monthly expenses on a CC and pay if off every month. 2% cashback is the shit. I don't think I have paid interest on anything but a house or car loan. Its things we would/need to buy anyway. We just save it all and then have a free small vacation every year. Its great if you are responsible and have control which we do. Not to mention all of the safety aspects to using a CC.

But this is SVTP. Everyone here benches 2000lbs, have super model girls, cash for days etc etc.

MG0h3

Established Member
I wouldn't shame a Credit Card (like you said, maybe the user that goes neck deep in debt with them).

I just share the opinion of a few others that CC's are not necessary. Credit score is literally the reflection of how well you work/pay lenders. The more lenders, the more payment, the better score. I'd personally rather just get to a point where I don't have to lend, thus don't need a score. I just work/pay for what I want, when I can afford it. Easier said than done.

Sure, maybe some cash back would be sweet at the end of year, but that $1000 back is a pebble in the Nile compared to all the other financial decisions we're making.

I do have to admit I have a CC in my wallet... work issued.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Well anything more than what, 95 horsepower isn’t necessary?

Blowers aren’t necessary.

I could go on forever.

CC literally puts free shit in my pocket because I don’t pay one cent of interest. EVER.

I guess I should thank dumbasses that do run them up. CC are more apt to incentivize people to get them with perks. Free for me, not for people paying interest.

“BLM is doing God’s work”
2KblackGT

svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Lol. No one ever got rich by earning frequent flyer miles or points.

Who said anything about being rich.

I’ve prob got 5k worth of free hotels and flights sitting in the bank. That’s being conservative.

Flew 1st class free to see my nephew graduate a couple yrs ago. 2k flight.

Your argument is ridiculous.

It’s like arguing against saving money. You make zero sense.

2KblackGT

nickf2005

Established Member
Well anything more than what, 95 horsepower isn’t necessary?

Blowers aren’t necessary.

I could go on forever.

CC literally puts free shit in my pocket because I don’t pay one cent of interest. EVER.

I guess I should thank dumbasses that do run them up. CC are more apt to incentivize people to get them with perks. Free for me, not for people paying interest.

2KblackGT

That's fine. I literally said that I'm not going to shame or guilt somebody for having a CC if it works for them. Especially in favor like in your case.

It's a fact that a lot of Americans can't manage them effectively. The total CC debt is near $1T, averaging $8k per household.

I'm stating that they are not necessary to have (fact) or the only way to build credit and obtain loans for larger purchases such as cars or mortgages (fact).

It is my opinion that they're not needed at all. Which it's acceptable if someone, such as yourself, disagrees with the opinion. I'm glad you can have your $5k in "free stuff".

My financial game plan is written up a bit differently than most and I'm ok with that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread