pay cash vs finance 2022

noco5.0

Established Member
if you're holding large amounts of liquid cash you are GUARANTEED to lose 8-12% of your money every year for the foreseeable future.

Effectively the USD is just monopoly money ever since we left the gold standard. They could print another trillion tomorrow in the blink of an eye. Literally the worst investment ever, lost 86% of its value in 40yrs. A warehouse of toilet paper would have retained more value
I try to maintain some liquid cash beyond an emergency fund so I can jump on things in times like this. Inflation is the talk right now. I'm not an economist but feels like a lot of things are about to crash. If I get a chance to buy low whether it be property, vehicles, or other investment opportunities I'm glad to have some liquid cash available to take advantage when it happens

MG0h3

Established Member
if you're holding large amounts of liquid cash you are GUARANTEED to lose 8-12% of your money every year for the foreseeable future.

Effectively the USD is just monopoly money ever since we left the gold standard. They could print another trillion tomorrow in the blink of an eye. Literally the worst investment ever, lost 86% of its value in 40yrs. A warehouse of toilet paper would have retained more value

On the other hand, stock market is down 30+% in CY22

Home values are about to decline.

I understand not being in cash, but if you sold everything 6 months ago, you did well.

Buying stocks now will work out in general.

Housing hasn’t rolled over yet.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
I try to maintain some liquid cash beyond an emergency fund so I can jump on things in times like this. Inflation is the talk right now. I'm not an economist but feels like a lot of things are about to crash. If I get a chance to buy low whether it be property, vehicles, or other investment opportunities I'm glad to have some liquid cash available to take advantage when it happens

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

beau t

Established Member
If its a toy its cash only but i do it a little different, i make payments to myself to keep a slush fund just for this but by no means on the scale of some of you ballers. I'm not saying this is the best way or the worst just that it works for me.

rborden

Established Member
I just buy Bitcoin with whatever cash I have. All or nothing. All in. Set the boats on fire.
You could deposit that in my paypal account and least you’d get an emotional return on the pics of what I posted that I bought with that money.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I remember when they said that at 9k

Then 60k happened

Then again they said Doge was fake at .004

Then .70 happened
Don't forget about Shiba.....threw in 8 grand it was 14 grand in 8 hours. I bought some nice toys off that one.

rborden

Established Member

Adower

Established Member

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I hate bills, & don't overthink a vehicle purchase.
I'll bet some # cruncher could show me all the money I've wasted over the years paying cash.
I did finance my 2017 F150, the salesman said Ford would give me $ 1250 to use Ford credit. I was told I had to have @ least 8K on the loan, which I did, no penalty for early pay off.
The loan was paid off in 11 days.
Other than that, no car loans since the late 1980's,.............just the way I like it !!

Users who are viewing this thread