Paxton/Vortech guys post up your track times

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
I know there's a lot of us out there and just wanna get a thread dedicated for us. Primary so we can get a gauge of what mods are needed to get the times that get posted. Another reason for doing this is my current tuner doesn't believe that my particular set-up isn't capable/doubting that it can get my car into the high 10s with my current mods.

Anyway my current mods are as followed...
Stock pulley 10lbs of boost at 7300rpm
JPC racing twin 465 fuel return system (running e85)
Stock manifold
Offroad H-pipe
GT 500 AB
JLT CAI
20" DRs
A bunch of suspension mods

I think that's it but my first outing last weekend wasn't impressive at all and only was trapping 121mph at 12flat (1-2 shift was only shifted at 6600-6900rpm). I'm going to be patient with him as he try's to get it dialed in but I think I should be close to 10mph faster and a second faster. I know weather comes to play but over a year of doing my research slapping a Paxton on an auto 5.0 usually equals 10s at 128-130mph.

But if you guys don't mind post your times with mods so I can show him this to prove him that our set-ups are more than capable of 10s or a high trap speed with my min mods to the kit (running E85 though). I know the 20s DRs are killing my ET but not to the point of losing 10mph and a sec off my ET.

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
My brothers 2011 auto vortech gt

vortech on 9psi with jlt air intake
long tubes, off road x, over axle pipes, gt500 mufflers
lund dyno tune
circle d converter and aluminum driveshaft
weld rt-s rims with 295/55/15 mt drag radials
93 octane

10.4 at almost 133mph at Atco on a 60 degree day

Last edited:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Thanks.....did he have numbers prior to the converter? I know 90+ degree weather isn't helping me but I don't know if it's causing a 10+mph loss.

Doug1227

Established Member
I may be wrong, but I don't think there are that many Paxton A6 cars running 10's without a lot of gear, a converter, or both.

stang910

Established Member
The best I've been is 11.3@126. I'm having alot of traction problems with Hoosier DR's at the top of 1st gear and the shift into 2nd gear. The car will spin badly on the 1-2 shift and I'll feather the throttle to help traction and most times it'll shift to 3rd gear killing any chance of a decent time.

coyote302

Established Member
I may be wrong, but I don't think there are that many Paxton A6 cars running 10's without a lot of gear, a converter, or both.
It is very possible to run 10.60-10.80 range without gear and converter ....with good air and track prep , very possible...

Last edited:

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
I thought I was the only one with problems getting my times down with vortech and manual.

Mods
647whp 530wtq
10:1cr
O/r x pipe
Bassani axle back
Stock manifold
Jlt intake
V3si 3.25 pulley
Stock 3.55 gear
Vossens 20" dr
1.84 60ft
11.52 @ 125
93 degrees

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
OP: You know what you need to do just do it. Take it to TSS. PSI sucks.

That being said the weather here is blazing hot with high humidity. I wouldn't expect your stock converter/stock gear car to run any better than 11.5 in this weather(with a good tune). A converter would put you in the 10s even with this weather.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Yeah I've heard alot of good things about TSS but what you don't hear is how bad the drive ability is. Their WOT monsters but lack in the every day department..... I've talked to at least 2-3 people with TSS Paxton set-ups. I'm not ruling out TSS but I think if Shaun from AED and Daniel from TSS did a collaboration it could possible be the best of both worlds.

Like I said I'm gonna be patient and work with Patrick, his protege Benny was the one tuning it. Now Patrick is stepping in to get it done in his off time (tuning for Hennessy right now) and he even offered to go with me to the track to make adjustments there.

I'll have my 2c converter ready for pick-up from Chris on Wendesday and hopefully I'll decide on which track wheels to go with by then.

@Melvo I've got an auto bro but from the look of the logs (not timing on e85/shifting 1-2 to early) once I get it dialed in I should be going much quicker.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

AED and TSS do collaborate regularly.
I've been working on 'new' boosted tunes that correct those drivability issues associated with centrifical blower applications and the results so far are very promising.

TSS has been track testing the old vs new tunes earlier this week to ensure WOT performance has not suffered. I've been track testing them for 3-4 weeks (10.2 @139 13 A6 TVS car we've been working on has this new tune) and have 1/2 a dozen other cars already converted to the new tunes.

New tunes cure the mid-heavy tip-in surge and refines the DBW characteristics for a more stock like driving experience.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
^^Will say the tune i just finished up with Shaun last week drives around town just like i was N/A but pulls hard and smooth when on the gas

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Sounds good Shaun....I'm gonna give Patrick a chance at least to make his adjustments. If I don't see no improvements, I've already contacted you about everything, and I guess I'm gonna have to make that 2 hour trip to TSS to get some of that Koolaid. :beer:

Shaun@AED

Sounds good Shaun....I'm gonna give Patrick a chance at least to make his adjustments. If I don't see no improvements, I've already contacted you about everything, and I guess I'm gonna have to make that 2 hour trip to TSS to get some of that Koolaid. :beer:

By all means let PSI do whatever they feel is necessary to make you happy. It's good to see you are giving them the opportunity.
I do not want to take customers away from the local shops that have served them well for so long simply because one setup is giving them a little trouble.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I just ran my car for the first time at the track.
M6 3.73
Paxton 2200 stock 3.8 pulley
JLT intake
ID1000
GT500 AB
MGW shifter

I had some pretty bad times today trying to hook up on 255 pzeros

Best time was
R/t .036
60' 2.130
1/8 8.284
MPH 94.01
1/4 12.3
MPH 118.59

Highest trap I was able to get was 123MPH. Something is wrong with the tune still. Felt like it was falling on its face 6500+ rpm.

I was having to feather the throttle in 1st-2nd and easy on 3rd. The car definitely has alot left in it. Toward the ends of the runs I lost to a stock 392 and another members bolt on 5.0. I was heat soaked for the runs but its w/e. Im gonna figure out the suspension and get some nice NT05r for the rear.
Im confident with a couple fixes that it will be able to run mid to lower 11s.

Last edited:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
118mph? dang.. that's super low for an FI car...

That's what I was thinking. I went 118 on int/exh/tune with stock wheels/tires. Even spinning 1st and 2nd on bald street tires, I still go consistently 128-130 now that I'm FI.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
118mph? dang.. that's super low for an FI car...

Yeah I know, another member here ran 116 with a couple bolt ons yesterday too.

That's what I was thinking. I went 118 on int/exh/tune with stock wheels/tires. Even spinning 1st and 2nd on bald street tires, I still go consistently 128-130 now that I'm FI.

:??: idk, i ran about 15 times. Im guessing it was heat soaked pretty good. I did 4 sets of runs, 3-4 passes within 2 hours. Not sure what the problem is with the tuning but about 6k+ it seems to not want to pull. Pretty legit, you install some parts and its still not tuned 2 months later.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yeah I know, another member here ran 116 with a couple bolt ons yesterday too.

:??: idk, i ran about 15 times. Im guessing it was heat soaked pretty good. I did 4 sets of runs, 3-4 passes within 2 hours. Not sure what the problem is with the tuning but about 6k+ it seems to not want to pull. Pretty legit, you install some parts and its still not tuned 2 months later.

Get a different tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread