Paxton new best but still cant launch

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I have been working this year on dialing in the tune with Lund. I am pretty happy with it right now; dyno showed some weird stuff at 6800 RPMs (see attached dyno) but it runs pretty good. Best run was [email protected] with a 2.00 60'. It was an 80 degree day even though it was november and the DA was around 1800. I have yet to see it on a track in cold weather which I would love to see.

My question is how are you stock auto stalls launching? I just got MT ET S/S 305/40/18s on it and was running 19 psi. The problem is really that I couldnt stall it up at all. anything above 2000 RPMs would break them loose. So I would stall it to 2k and floor it after that. Doesn't help 60' times doing that with stock stall. I am by no means an auto expert (learned drag racing in my m6 trans am so this is all new to me as of last year).

What RPM is the stock stall converter? Shouldn't it flash to that RPM once I floor it? Do I have a transmission problem here? I am looking into a trans brake currently; if I need this to get any RPM on my launch it may be the cheapest option. Stalls are a little out of my price range right now (just bought supercharger, have to give the wife at least a little break).

Thanks in advance for advice. I ran 1.60 60's in my manual car with hoosier QTPs before but I just cant figure this one out.

2013%20mustang%20paxton%203.80%20pulley%20535rwhp-430rwtq_zpslkr6y6d9.jpg

20171118_153032_zpsezlze15e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread