Paxton drivability questions

mhyjek

Established Member
He has a couple of ideas one of which is one size piping. He intends on making it for sale for all as well not just for cars he works on... I've seen some of his fab work it and it is spot on. I think when this comes to market it will increase drivability, fuel mileage, and maybe make a little more power. I think it is an awesome idea and if it works the way it could he should sell a couple 100 of these.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Let me know when something is for sure on it. I would buy a prototype and have shaun tune it for me asap to get some testing on it or whatnot.

mhyjek

Established Member
Let me know when something is for sure on it. I would buy a prototype and have shaun tune it for me asap to get some testing on it or whatnot.
Sure will! Shaun knows the tuner/shop as well and they have worked together so it shouldn't be more than a datalog or two and you will be in business.

CSG

Established Member
You bunch of SOB's! No one spoke bad about the Hellion kit stalling until I bought one and started posting about it. Now I have the JT and I start hearing the complaints about stalling after never hearing anything like it. If this thing stalls when I drive it I'm going to travel the country with my stalling ass car kicking Paxton owners in the nuts!

I am not actually real worried as TSS seems to have it under control but dang people, complain about stuff if you spend a fortune on it and it is not right.

CPRsm

Well you see EXACTLY why no one speaks up. If you have a problem, it's your tuners fault. If you disagree with anyone who doesn't have the same problem, you're an asshole. Even if you show logs as to the cause.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You bunch of SOB's! No one spoke bad about the Hellion kit stalling until I bought one and started posting about it. Now I have the JT and I start hearing the complaints about stalling after never hearing anything like it. If this thing stalls when I drive it I'm going to travel the country with my stalling ass car kicking Paxton owners in the nuts!

I am not actually real worried as TSS seems to have it under control but dang people, complain about stuff if you spend a fortune on it and it is not right.

tss knows what they are doing, you should have 0 issues with a good tuner.

gstboy69

Established Member

Jt and kick paxton owners???

mhyjek

Established Member

i never had stalling issues beefcake is correct if you have a good tuner you will be fine! My dd is a 13 genesis coupe 2.0 t and it is stock and surges way more than my 13 gt beefcake special Lund tuned. But it is not as crisp as when NA AED tuned. Not because Lund isn't great but the maf signal needs to be cleaner to get throttle modulation like NA.

yngrshr

Established Member
Well you see EXACTLY why no one speaks up. If you have a problem, it's your tuners fault. If you disagree with anyone who doesn't have the same problem, you're an asshole. Even if you show logs as to the cause.

Same shit on every board, though.

notchy444

Established Member
Hey guys just wanted to get back and post some results of MAF freq of a turbo kit vs a TVS kit vs a Paxton kit. Just got my car fired up and started logging with the first base tune from Shaun. wanted to share my experience with tuning a turbo car. I data logged on the street with the base tune, Load to idle was rock solid, Didnt stall once. I needed to get my car to ford for the crank relearn and wanted to make sure it could make it. Here is a pic of the MAF at idle, mind this is the startup tune so It still hasn't been revised yet. Looks like the variance was as little as .08 :rockon:

Sorry for the large pic, screen shots are huge lol

PaxtonvsTVSvsTurbo_zps83f7ace8.png

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I had to make sure I wasn't on Supra forums for a second :lol1: I think the main thing is just to focus on your customer. I love that Shaun posted that graph or I would have never known. Most of us trust you guys as vendors so it's just a matter of working things out. If something goes wrong or needs a revision don't leave the customer hanging, which I've never heard of either of you doing. All these different FI options have pros and cons this just happens to be another CON. If there is a shitty signal then make it known and let us know how to fix it that's all. It seems like it's not that hard to change some intercooler pipes as Shaun stated. Could someone elaborate on what piping alterations you recommend since I would want to do them before installing my kit. I vouch for both Beef and Shaun I've been dealing with both of them. I purchased my kit a few weeks ago and Beef didn't up sell me for shit in fact I had to up sell myself haha I've talked to Shaun for my tune and he's all business definitely looking forward to it.

Note to vendors A few of you didn't get my business for simply not picking up the damn phone.

Established Member
I had to make sure I wasn't on Supra forums for a second :lol1: I think the main thing is just to focus on your customer. I love that Shaun posted that graph or I would have never known. Most of us trust you guys as vendors so it's just a matter of working things out. If something goes wrong or needs a revision don't leave the customer hanging, which I've never heard of either of you doing. All these different FI options have pros and cons this just happens to be another CON. If there is a shitty signal then make it known and let us know how to fix it that's all. It seems like it's not that hard to change some intercooler pipes as Shaun stated. Could someone elaborate on what piping alterations you recommend since I would want to do them before installing my kit. I vouch for both Beef and Shaun I've been dealing with both of them. I purchased my kit a few weeks ago and Beef didn't up sell me for shit in fact I had to up sell myself haha I've talked to Shaun for my tune and he's all business definitely looking forward to it.

Note to vendors A few of you didn't get my business for simply not picking up the damn phone.

I agree would be so much easier to talk to somebody sometimes rather than a ****ing computer

CSG

Established Member
Having someone answer the phone and getting my parts in a reasonable time has been an issue here as well. It seems to be the trade off for the cheaper prices though. If you run slim on employees and inventory then you can sell stuff cheaper. I need to find a happy medium...

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

the trick is always the routing, especially with the factory radiator support.

once the factory radiator support is deleted, it frees up quite a bit of room.

the longer / thicker the tube, the cleaner the signal. if you have the radiator support delete. you could always have a fabricator fab you a 1 piece tube with no couplers, and a longer straight

CPRsm

I don't know what companies but sometimes you have to know who you're dealing with. I'll have ear plugs in, welder going to town and radio going and miss phone calls. I always return what I see I missed. Some smaller shops might be running errands and not be there. But sometimes I get voicemails with no missed calls. Which makes me wonder how many I've never returned because no voicemail was left. If you have a blocked number you better leave a voicemail, or you're a telemarketer lol. Anyways, hopefully you left voicemails, then it's squarely on the vendor.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I what companies but sometime you have to know who you're dealing with. I'll have ear plugs in, welder going to town and radio going and miss phone calls. I always return what I see I missed. Some smaller sops might be running errands and not be there. But sometimes I get voicemails with no missed calls. Which makes me wonder how many I've never returned because no voicemail was left. If you have a blocked number you better leave a voicemail, or you're a telemarketer lol. Anyways, hopefully you left voicemails, then it's squarely on the vendor.

I call back every missed call as well, but you are correct, sometimes I get voicemails with no missed calls as well. Always leave a message or shoot a text! :)

Slostjoe

Established Member
Back to the topic at hand, I have a 14' GT and have Paxton kit with TQ booster installed on my car and have had nothing but problems with drivability and starting since day one.

They car is an absolute whore to drive and I regret buying this kit everyday, I truly feel "correct me if I'm wrong" that certain cars take these kits much better than others just based on the research I have done and what I've read.

I, have an excellent tuner who has literally bent over backwards to work with me to resolve the issues but they still exist. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the kit 2x and have done 20-30 pulls on the street 1 speeding ticket and countless tanks of gas with no resolve. Lol

However the car runs like a mofo under wot and has already trapped 130mph before the torque booster install so perhaps I'm complaining about something that I should just suck up and live with lol

I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one.

My biggest complaint is that the car literally drives itself anything under 2500rpms like the throttle body is still open which makes this very hard to drive!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread