Paxton Bosses come on in

Punisher1401

Established Member
Looking at a polished Paxton kit and was looking for real time reviews. What you running? What rwhp? What are your supporting mods?

Dawgstang

Established Member
I have a Vortech setup, bought it from Team Beefcake Racing. Only supporting mods were ID 1000 injectors, JMS plug&play fuel booster, and Brisk spark plugs. Of course you will need a SCT X4 and a tune. Plus a BOSS intake adapter is needed. These kits come with instructions for a GT. You will have to figure out what to do with the oil cooler lines, as they will interfere with the SC ducting. My car has not been on a dyno yet, but I'm hoping for 600HP to the rear wheels.

Last edited:

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I have a 13 with a Paxton H.O. Team beefcake racing kit with I.D 1000's and Paxton Comp Inlet and JPC tial bypass valve. 3.47 pulley Vortech fuel booster and FRPP blower spark plugs. Tuned by AED. 720 RWHP. Car is a beast and super fun to drive.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I have a 13 with a Paxton H.O. Team beefcake racing kit with I.D 1000's and Paxton Comp Inlet and JPC tial bypass valve. 3.47 pulley Vortech fuel booster and FRPP blower spark plugs. Tuned by AED. 720 RWHP. Car is a beast and super fun to drive.
Can you hook up at all? I rode in a 630rwhp Boss and it did little but spin the tires all through 1-3 gears... 4 th seemed to finally hook. Just seemed like over kill to me.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Can you hook up at all? I rode in a 630rwhp Boss and it did little but spin the tires all through 1-3 gears... 4 th seemed to finally hook. Just seemed like over kill to me.

That's pretty much how it is. Gonna do a torque booster this year so probably will be worse. I'm gonna start running drag radials full time.

jwlast

Established Member
I just purchased a Boss with a twin turbo kit and a boost controller. While not a Vortech setup, on the lowest boost setting which is about 620 RWHP, the tires spin like a mad dog in 1st-3rd as the boost comes on. Tires definitely aren't up to the challenge. But it is fun to drive, :thumbsup: Like Kcobra I'm going to switch to drag radials. Only 19" size I can find are MTs, might switch over to 18" rims all the way around, better DR sizes available.

Last edited:

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I just purchased a Boss with a twin turbo kit and a boost controller. While not a Vortech setup, on the lowest boost setting which is about 620 RWHP, the tires spin like a mad dog in 1st-3rd as the boost comes on. Tires definitely aren't up to the challenge. But it is fun to drive, :thumbsup: Like Kcobra I'm going to switch to drag radials. Only 19" size I can find are MTs, might switch over to 18" rims all the way around, better DR sizes available.

That thing must be STUPID! That is the set up I originally wanted and I do have regrets sometimes.

Punisher1401

Established Member
Ok guys. I went with it and dropped it off at Revolution Automotive for install. I have Bap, ID1000s and a Steeda CAI. Got the 8 rib upgrade with a couple of pullies as well. With the mods already in sig should be pretty nasty. Agree on tires, they say I will kill of the stock radials in no time. Ordering a set dr to use regularly. I already picked up a set of racestars and slicks, for when I want to play at the quarter.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Keep us posted on the results. Both numbers and your impression!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Beast! what RPM do you shift at?

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I'm guessing he is running pump with torco, or E-85 with 3.47 pulley at roughly 16-17 degrees timing up top. I had dynoed at 720 but the car was in the wrong gear, which made my numbers lower than they should be. I run a 3.47.

Punisher1401

Established Member
I pick it up Tuesday morning, so I'll know all the details and will post. Like kcobra said we are running pump 93 with Torco added . I'm also running the 8 rib upgrade kit

Last edited:

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
You add 32 oZ per tankful. Much cheaper than race fuel! Buy 5 galls for $280. Been running torco for 10 years, used to fry motors. Haven't blown one since.

Torco is gonna get expensive. Heard it fouls your plugs over time too.

Punisher1401

Established Member
Kcobra not surprisingly traction is major issue. What did you do to handle all the power. I'm running the stock tire still which are useless now

Users who are viewing this thread